SAU Community

Hail! Friggin Mess...

GTR-N1

Shell was lucky to get back inside haha, hope she is ok :)

How were your houses guys? No tile damage or anything else?

Goodluck to everyone on their insurance claims and that it goes smoothly.

I said that to her when she called me; we saw a woman knocked unconscious be a huge hailstone a few years ago at the East Coast Nationals at WSID which was the last time it was damaged.

House looks fine; but I'll have to wait for a dry day to get up on the roof.

Ok damage report new windscreen massive crack on it 2-3 massive dents on roof and quite a few smaller one same goes for bonnet and boot. Now claim insurance or get my dent repairer mate for a cashie

That sucks; our repairer told me that the dents on out car are too deep for PDR this time. :/

PDR is pretty advanced these days.

My jeep grand was hit all sides a couple of years ago. They repaired it completely with PDR for less than $5k within 5 business days.

The repair was fantastic and you couldn't tell it was ever damaged.

There are some very skilled operators in this area; we've had great success with PDR in the past. :thumbsup:

Commiserations to Adrian and Dale too. Apparently the hail had a spread from Blackheath down to Springwood but I believe it rained monster hail down near us. NRMA which insure my Mum's Mazda2 and Maria's Volvo XC60 T6 are banked up arranging calls to the insured; arranging for them to bring their cars to a demountable assessment site that's local next week.

The Mazda suffered large hail dents due to the thin skin. There also quite a few.

Quantity and severity on the Volvo amount to less in depth and less in number. The skin is evidently thicker - noticeably so.

PDR is pretty advanced these days.

My jeep grand was hit all sides a couple of years ago. They repaired it completely with PDR for less than $5k within 5 business days.

The repair was fantastic and you couldn't tell it was ever damaged.

yeah ive seen the guy we use at work get dent out that i couldnt imagine anyone being able to fix without bogging it up an re spraying so im staying hopeful until he gets the chance to go over it

I spoke to my dent remover an showed him the pics. He basically said be prepared to strip out any parts of the car you want. So im not a haopy camper so far today

I spoke to my dent remover an showed him the pics. He basically said be prepared to strip out any parts of the car you want. So im not a haopy camper so far today

Awwww, that sucks.

Waiting to hear the verdict with ours...

Awwww, that sucks.

Waiting to hear the verdict with ours...

yeah pretty much i just hope they don't write the car off ill be so upset

Just got my first quote. Its 7600 plus adjustments an the cars insured for 11k. Got one more to go i just hope the assessor is in a good mood an decides they will fix it instead of writing it off

Just got my first quote. Its 7600 plus adjustments an the cars insured for 11k. Got one more to go i just hope the assessor is in a good mood an decides they will fix it instead of writing it off

With those numbers I think they will fix it.

In the old days 60% of value, written off. Now days 75%-80% and they still fix it.

Bob.

• Like 1

What do you reckon they will say dale? I still have to get one more quote an see what happens. Has anyone ever fought a insurance company in regards to writing a car off due to hail? Because by the look ofthe first quote im going to be right on the boarder line of being written off.

Could always buy it back? Not sure on how that process works though

Will need to be repaired and blue slipped to get off written off register I believe??

I had a car written off and paid out 3500 but only cost 400 to buy it back... Might be worth it depending on repair costs.