SAU Community

Visiting Japan Where Should I Visit

Hi all,

I am going to Japan for a week in April, I was wondering what automotive factories or shops people have visited?

I am planning to go to NISMO, HKS and tsukuba circuit but what other places can I visit??

Cheers Elliot

all the other threads on this topic.

***edit... shit beaten to the punch***

also from narita thats allot of driving already

Edited by GH05T

heading in November

my list is super auto bacs & up garage, tsukuba circuit (i checked the events on at the time and nothing interesting unfortunately) and ebisu circuit for some local drift days, and probably visit the zoo as well lol

also the toyota museum

in tokyo, in shibuya or shinjuku

haven't decided in osaka yet.

will do 1 night near ebisu circuit but havent looked at accommodation yet. got 3 weeks to kill

GTofuS-T that's great, will add that to the list.

shinjuku makes this easy as you have the shinjuku JR station walking distance from the main hotel precinct.

just a tip get a jr rail pass for tokyo but its useless in osaka as they seem to use the underground which jr dosnt.

the shinkasen will get you to osaka but you need to buy a separate ticket, cheaper if its not a direct train.

i suggest hiring a car to get to the outer tracks and places you want to go, driving in japan rocks and is easy as hell. just hope your tokyo accomodation has parking and expect to pay for it.

Quick heads up for anyone going to japan who wants to go to nismo it is not in Tokyo it is in Yokohama. We went all the way to where nismo WAS. Just to find a construction site I will find the address. And take lots of money to auto backs sooo much good stuff there and I think there is no up garage in Tokyo I'm pretty sure the closest one is three hours away.

• Like 1

Also I would highly recommend going to nissan HQ and toyota showroom very cool things at them and you can sit in the cars. Also in the business parts of Tokyo there are heaps of exotic car dealers.

post-103613-14267489004988_thumb.jpg

When do you ever get to see these kind of cars in person.

• Like 1

Osaka:- The castle.

Kyoto:- Big Buddhist temple on the mountain overlooking the city + Heian shrine complex

Nara:- Ask JLM CEO Todd here at Rydalmere for a private viewing of a near new Hakosuka + Sanjosunjendo temple complex

Tokyo:- Omori and Nissan + day car hire to Lk Chuzenji and Irohazaka. Google Irohazaka as one of the world's top driving roads. Up there along with Stelvio, Transvagarian, Taroko Gorges.

• Like 1

Google Irohazaka as one of the world's top driving roads.

Wow Terry! We've just incorporated this into our trip so Thank You!. the drive looks amazing, but the destination and surrounds looks even better! Wife is especially excited now about hiking and staying at an authentic Onsen out that way.

• Like 1

Lol I did Irohazaka back in 1975 when there was no such thing as armco. It's a one way road down - and one way up. During the day you can visit the Cat Temple and at the bottom of the Iloha Slope of Irohazaka, you can eat lunch beside Lk Chuzenji. Wife will love that!