SAU Community

Putting A Pb26 Into A R32 Gts-t Questions After Searching For Answers

Area under the curve my friend. Peak HP is only one measure.

You mean like this, stock 26 with simple bolt ons and dialed cams

post-36620-0-61588300-1428276300_thumb.jpg

This graph was done 4 days after the full weight car ran 11.3@125mph on 18"s

• Like 2

Obviously the stock turbo on a neo is the limiting factor, so you won't find a direct comparison.

No one is saying the rb26 is not good, it's just that variable cam timing allows better power making, for both na and turbo applications.

Cam timing is a compromise. Being able to adjust it on the fly makes sense.

Someone needs to put stock gtr turbos onto a stock neo and see what happens...

Or finally get some results of the vct addition to the rb26 recently available.

Xkalaba s result is awesome by the way.

Edited by Ben C34

While in theory you are correct my issue is, unless you know the best setting down low to get the turbo on and the best setting to get top end and can change exactly from one to the other and all the varying degrees inbetween all you are doing is throwing a hand full of rock at the side of a barn and hoping some hit the mark :/

Which is way i still beleive a correctly set timing pair of cams is still better then VCT, but am happy to be proven wrong :thumbsup:

show us a dyno sheet that can match micks curve and power out put then cause none seems to be able to come up with them

I think there is an argument being picked here that I wasn't looking for. I threw out the "area under the curve" gambit because it is obvious that VCT should help light up the power curve earlier than the same head without. But we're not comparing the same head. I have never, anywhere on this forum, stated that I think a stock 25Neo head (or engine for that matter) would make as much or more power as a 26. I haven't stated anything about one head being better than the other in terms of power potential. I have stated that the 25Neo head is a better design, and I think that statement is easily defensible. Nissan designed that combustion chamber 10 years later than the 26 chamber, and they did so to quite deliberately make it a more efficient design. The valve angle is more modern, the amount of surface area on the combustion chamber and piston crown is decreased. These are good things. Then it has VCT on top and I don't care how much whining the 26 fanbois put out, VCT can only be a good thing.

So what if perhaps the 26 ports are a better size or shape for total flow? So what if any of a number of other numbers you can reel out about the 26 head mean it will make more power. That doesn't say anything much about the overall design of the head. It mostly says things about the size of the head.

I'm not actually here saying that I know that the 26 head has bigger ports or better shaped bowls or better seat shapes or less shrouding or anything in particular that would lead it to make more power. It likely has at least a few of those things. What I am saying is that the 25Neo head is a better design, particularly where better is interpreted in the context of efficiency.

If you want to get really anal about trying to show dyno curves that prove one thing or another, I wouldn't care to compare any that were presented unless they were also presented with some other backing data, like BMSFC. I think that number in particular would be very interesting.

I wasn't talking about total power either, you said area under the curve now look at the the graph that xcalaba has posted and find me a neo that matches it cause I'm still yet to see one.

Well these are performce cars and as such all that matters is the finish line which is why i added the time AND mph that that motor pushed a 1500kg car plus 100kgs for me down the quater and while you can do all the theory in the world on what does what and why and what has a better design, it means nothing if it doesn't show results at the finish line

Holy shit.

You really are struggling aren't you man.... How many sources refered to a slump?

The slump doesn't exist. The sump is different between awd and rwd. Which is the oil pan. Which has a diff in it for an rb26. Which you should google what differential is for an explanation. And maybe what awd is as to why there is a diff in the front.

Hello

Thanks for the positive replies from those who did help.

If I have a chance to get a cheap RB26 I want to know what I would have to do to put it into my car if I every decided to put one in.

I am learning about things, so I ask questions If I dont find what I am looking for when I research different forums and sites, I ask questions.

If someone found different links from what I have found, well WTF they have found diffferen links than what I found, doesnt mean I didnt check.

Also from the different forums certains terms such as slump was used to decribe a part of the 26 engine without saying what it is and than some posts would mention having to change the oil pan in the same posts. So I needed clarity. What is wrong with that?

I have worked on my car and know most of the parts of my car and what it does or have a general idea of what it does.

I have done many things on my car such as changing turbos, installing electronics, changing rotors, adding bushings, changed fuel pumps, cradles, BOV, installed intercoolers, and more, etc.

If I dont know about something, I ask questions, that is how I learn.

So if someone would please help me with learning about this I will greatly appreciate it.

Maybe someone will hold your hand through the process.

There are people that get their kicks from that. Like volunteering at a facility dealing with people with mental retardation. It warms their hearts for both the person giving and the person receiving. Unless they are so retarded they don't realize they are being helped .....

Anyway, do you even google anything? I just googled "rb26 slump" and it said did you mean "rb26 sump"?

Maybe if you googled stuff before creating heaps of threads , people would be likely to help when you are genuinely stuck.

• Like 3

Hmm sounds like some people doesn't know that certain words in the real world when not online ends in a very mind opening lesson old school style. But hey that's in the real world.

Back to online talk

Actually I Yahoo'ed rb 26 and slump. I got the results I got.

So if anyone has any info about any particulars I should be aware of please let me know.

I already have a RB 25 oil pan to replace the one on a RB26.

I will look into these provided links that are different from my search results.

I am buying a cheap 20 engine to take apart and go into depth with to get a better understanding oh how to work on the internals and other parts of the engine without messing up my engine.

I am also taking out my engine and transmission to replace the mounts (this was recommended by mechanic who is my friend who has nothing to gain monetaraly from helping me) with newer ones since the car is old. One of the mounts for the transmission is bending and the rubber part is split down the middle.

This will give me experience with taking out and putting in a engine.

Their are people here who can help me with knowledge and some other things some with my car.

Edited by yoshiii335

Hmm sounds like some people doesn't know that certain words in the real world when not on line ends in a very mind opening lesson old school style. But hey that's in the real world.

But to online.

Thanks for reinforcing my retard analogy.
  • Like 1

Thanks for reinforcing my retard analogy.

First F..k you. Two you are the retard to even keep replying to my posts. Lol b.tch

Also I said i was told by a mechanic that you do have to take out the engine to replace the mounts.

From what I have seen at one of the shops I frequent, that is what they do.

I didn't say I was going to put in a rb 26 for sure.

I said I want to learn how to do it. If I did I would make s

My whole point is to learn how to do it. I geating a spare engine to work on to familiarize my self with working on a engine/RB. The 26 is different yes but there are some basic similarities. So I I will learn to take care of what I got. Afterwards I will get a 26 if I choose to install one vs buying a gtr.

Now you may do things differently. But if I have a experienced mechanic telling me something, i will listen.

If you think maybe I have received the wrong information, let me know without being an ass.

I am learning how to work on engines.

I don't care what any of you think about me or say. Let me say clearly, I don't give a f..k about what you think.

Three options, help, don't help or sod off.

I frankly ignore you're stupid comments.

Back to engines.

So let's move past this stupidness and talk about engines and other car parts

So let's move past this stupidness and talk about engines and other car parts

All right. I suggest the next topic of conversation should be tailshaft guibos. I don't care if they're BMW, Toyota or Alfa Romeo. I want to know how I can put some on my car.

why not just put in a RB25 like everyone has suggested here 100x over

neo or otherwise (neo is more work harness wise, S1 ECR33 is easiest).

The reason why I am even entertaining the idea of putting in a 26 is because many people around me are saying it's worth it more if I am going to pull the engine. The taxes and extra registration and other things are the same for either engine so if I decide to change engines, than maybe it is worth it to put a 26 in.

I have read on many forum and posts that the 25 is not as strong as the 26 and that I can get more power easier in the 26 vs the 25.

I am also unsure of the variable cam timing and tuning the engine. I am still researching.

First I am going to learn on my 20, tune it some and go from there.

At that point I will decide to sell the car or change out engines.

But if I do get a hold of a 26 before then, I will probably put it in.

So if I am wrong with understanding that the 25 is not as strong and good as the 26, please let me know.

I think that the 26 is easier to get the power level that I want.