SAU Community

What Size Fuel Line

Hey guys, know this may seem like abit of an odd question but im mid way through the build of my track car and now im at fuel system stage. I have a seperate 50L cell with a 140gallon/hr 14psi lift pump going into a 2L surge tank. From there it goes to a single 044. From 044 then going to an Aeroflow billet rail.

Now thats where the question starts. It seems that the aeroflow rail has 3 fittings one in each end and one in the middle. Would you run pressure to either end of the rail and then run the reg off the middle port?

Also im running a Turbosmart FPR800 that has 1/8 ports in it. My plan is for 500kw so approx 600hp so within relm of the regulator.

Also if it makes any difference im running bosch 1700cc/min injectors and E85 as a fuel of choice

My thoughts are to run AN6 fuel feed lines and return lines that is 3/8 sizing most people seem to be running stock 5/16 lines with 300rwkw. Would i be correct in these assumptions?

The Turbosmart 800 is a very small reg, 800hp at the engine is pretty close to your 500wkw mark. I would usually recommend the 1200 at that power, the added an fitting upgrade is worth the extra $40 dollars over the 1/8bspt imo.

Surprisingly the stock fuel lines should be just large enough for 450-500kw, but the 044 won't make it there. I would be picking up a Walbro 460L and dropping the pressure a little if your injectors are large enough, you might get close.

Most installations I block the mid rail return, one feed line is more than enough. I assume you have a Freddy plenum?

Yeah the fpr800 is what i already have so i was thinking go the 3/8 as that is the AN6 equivalent so to change to the FPR1200 isnt going to be a massive root around with fittings if need be down the track.

Ahk the 2 parts i have already the 044 and the FPR800 hahaha i kinda want to make them work for now but looks like i might just swap them out.

No im going to be building my own plenum similar to the Plazmaman ones. Wanting just abit more runner length just for the midrange torque benefit as its a purely hillclimb, track orientated car.

So would you just re run the stock 5/16 lines or go 3/8 either way there getting changes as there going to be moved

If you are changing/re-routing lines then going to 3/8" (~ metric equivalent 10mm) is a sensible upgrade IMO.

Probably equally important is to know what spec fuel lines you will use, and how to best anchor it. What's your plans there?

Yeah thats the plan because were going full undertray etc plan is to re route them through the cabin.

Thats the other reason i DO NOT want to be doing this twice were going to be going with full Aeroflow E85 safe PTFE teflon lined hose and all speedflow fittings so there is going to be 2k worth of hose and fittings.

Yeah looking at Aluminium 3/8 fuel line so run that through the car and do the flex line at the engine side. Cheers for your input guys will upload some pics as i go along

I would be running dual -6 feed lines (one to each end of the rail) and a single -8 return via the FPR back to the catch can.

That way if you need to upgrade to dual 044's you won't need to change the lines.

......I personally don't think one 044 is going to push enough if you are running E85 into 1700cc injectors