SAU Community

Boost Creep

Hey guys, I have a R33 gtst and after emptying out my cat last week, I realized that when I put my foot down, the boost will rise to 16psi which is what it's set at, hover there for a sec, then continue to rise over 20psi. I'm aware that this is due to the decatting and the wastegate can't keep up with the flow. However what I need help on is what to do next, I was planning to upgrade my turbo soon anyway, would that be the best bet ? If so, what turbo do you all recommend ? Or any other options ? It's a daily driver so I'd prefer a mix between response and power. Following are the mods on the car;

-PFC

-FMIC

-KLS power spirit turbo, .63 A/R

-550cc denso injectors

-Z32 AFM

-3'' turbo back exhaust (empty cat)

-splitfire coil packs

-walbro fuel pump

Possibly more from what I recall

Thanks for any feed back guys, will be greatly appreciated

Here's a reading of our High flowed OP6 turbo doing 278rwkws @ 18psi on pump fuel using bolton supporting mods. Perfect boost control and perfect power curve:

op6hf278rwkwr33.jpg

Get a blown OP6 or 21U turbo and send that over for high flowing, alternatively we can source one locally for $150 additional. This would be the cheapest option for your to get good power and drive ability. Alternatively you can use our ATR43 bolton series, that starts from $1250.

• Like 1