SAU Community

Rb3025 Start Up Oil Pressure Issues

Here's the valve Brett asked as to what treatment you gave.

However you mentioned the filter retains oil so that tends to rule out the filter's drain back valve as well as this blocked filter by-pass valve.

Your problem seems more that the pump has to re-prime after a certain time has elapsed.

Can you go into more detail about the N1 oil pump build.

You'd be aware they have no non-return valve as such, simply relying on the porting and it is possible to install the gears facing the wrong way, which may upset the port clearances???

Now having said all that, 2-seconds isn't very long for the oil to pump up, but it certainly is annoying.

post-73571-0-39018400-1433463202_thumb.jpg

Hey Jiffo thanks for that.

I bought an OEM N1 oil pump from Nissan. I didn't modify the pump at all and using the original gears... I also didn't preprime the pump when I bought it because the Nissan guy said its already primed and it had caps on it which was holding in some sort of lubricant.

It terms of what Brett was referring to. I didn't block that valve. Do you recommend I block it?

It just hurts to hear my newly built engine rattle on startup lol. :(

Yeh like blackker said, I'm not running external oil cooler or relocation kit.

Is it possibly to plumb the filter in backwards?

Only with a remote filter. I imagine is been done before

• Like 1

No idea why Nissan fitted that valve as the oil filter has its own by-pass valve to allow for a blocked filter.

It's not on all Rb30's either. From my 3-blocks only 1-had the blocked filter valve, the others had a tapered plug hammered in.

It should have been removed when your block was originally tanked and cleaned.

Would be worth removing the filter and having a close look at whatever's in there.

• Like 1

• 5 years later...