SAU Community

Rb Starter Problems, Please Help!

hybrid_eg

I'm having an issue finding out what starter i have. This starter came with the motor set when i bought it years ago, since then starter had been giving me problems, had it rebuilt but its still acting up.

I'm trying to find what other starter i can use that will match this starters dimension since i'm in the USA, if unable to locate id gladly locate it internationally as well so i can get the car back on the road.

Motor R33 RB26, Trans RB25

Today i had an electrical repair shop give me this starter to try however the nose is way too big and hits the trans housing.

Here are some pics, what i have been able to identify on old starter part number is 23300-20P05 (i think its missing numbers after 5, perhaps 51 or 52?)

BCC5B2C0-72E7-41A0-ACEF-D5DCD919C627.jpg

1DE77CBA-2BD9-495C-8F75-A3C19FABEB90.jpg
7A9B22B7-0CDE-4D24-9E7C-383F05D8081A.jpg

Firstly, that part number format is correct, it is xxxxx-xxxxx so there is no digit missing.

Starters are not normally a problem in Oz because all of the RB motors (RB30, RB25, RB26, RB20) all use the same one, as well as a locally built holden shitbox. They would also be readily available ex japan, but I have no idea what common US car would use the same.

Did you just call an RB30E a shitbox? HOW DARE YOU DUNCAN! :P

Referring to the car it appeared in? Lol

I was gonna say KE24 but looks like that was a no go.

Did they do rb30 skylines there?

Gents I would gladly buy a starter out of the country as long as I know of a reliable unit that will actually fit, if no part numbers are musing from my label (first picture) it makes 23300-20p050 does anyone have an actual year/make/model that this ties to? Google came up with nothing :(

It def has to be the same dimension as the part of rb25 wont accommodate anything longer, such as ka24 I attempted to install today.

Thanks for everyone's input!

Hi mate, just recheck your pic, it shows 23300-20P05, not what you posted above (-20P050).

You could always buy brand new from amayama but ouch! US519 https://www.amayama.com/en/search?q=23300-20P05.

I don't know how to reverse search to a model, but your number matches an R33 GTST VIN that I have. It has an alternate part number 23300-AA300 which will be a direct fit, and another part number 23300-08U15 for a different "specification"....my non-existent Japanese wont let me work out the difference

Anyway, all that aside, if you are happy to buy from Japan just contact Jesse Streeter and tell him you need a starter motor for an RB25 he'll come up with new and 2nd options for you.

Thanks mate!

The label on my starter is old so the numbers wore off but I'm happy you verified correct part # -20P050

Also if direct cross reference is part # 23300-aa300 I have seen those float on eBay from some U.S. Sellers 2nd hand and will give them a shot as my unit is completely toast :(

This part # 23300-08U15, would this fit also or it's totally different? Thanks for the referrals where to obtain them I'll try them out in event I cannot locate them stateside.

Tons of thanks for the info!!

just found this one in the states, 23300-AA300, looks just like the 23300-20P05, however since this is a large wholesaler they were unable to send me front picture of the unit to see if its exact same as mine, looking at photo comparison looks almost identical, fingers crossed that this works!!

$_57.JPG