SAU Community

C34 Speed Sensor

Captain Wow

Hi guys,

I'm trying to determine what the wires off my speed sensor are. I've got a Black wire with a White stripe, and a Grey wire with a Red stripe. They both go through to the back of the speedo cluster and I'm really trying to figure out which one to tap into to get my speedo corrector working.

Also, is there anywhere to get a wiring diagram for a S1 C34 Stagea?

Cheers,

- Lance

If you have just two wires to worry about just cut one and hook it up and if that doesn't work cut the other. Can you take a pic of the back of the cluster and post it up or PM it to me?

I have a copy of the service manual but its in Japanese. I have copies of 5 pages relating to the speedo and if you PM me your address I'll post them to you (I am too tired to scan them just now).

I fitted one of those correctors to me c34 as well (inaccurate speedos bug me), I just did it behind the dash...sorry, I didn't take pics.

But on the rear of the dash it does mark which track is the speed in, which you can trace to the plug and then intercept the wire in the loom.

I've tried the process of elimination Bob, but neither seem to bring any joy.... Which seems weird. I think I'm having issues with the actual module now (even though I purchased a second one just to make sure it wasn't that)

post-106462-0-99588600-1442135669_thumb.jpg

Duncan, the plan is to mount it behind the cluster and splice it into the loom there. I don't suppose you remember if there was anything funny about setting it up initially?

Cheers,

- Lance

well actually I do remember something funny, but didn't mention because I think it was a red herring. And it was about 10 years ago. Basically I remember I reset it multiple times and it didn't flash the way it was meant to. But because I don't remember anything about the details, and I never knew what the issue is I don't think that helps :blink:

I've tried the process of elimination Bob, but neither seem to bring any joy.... Which seems weird. I think I'm having issues with the actual module now (even though I purchased a second one just to make sure it wasn't that)

attachicon.gifIMG_1687.JPG

Duncan, the plan is to mount it behind the cluster and splice it into the loom there. I don't suppose you remember if there was anything funny about setting it up initially?

Cheers,

- Lance

Lance it seems to me that interrupting the circuit at the screw on the back of the speedo is still the best way. I am sure you have worked out how the spacer and tabbed washer will achieve that and you just have to work out which screw. If you look on the pic of the GTR cluster (which is quite different - especially without all the auto lights) you can see some Japanese characters next to the speedo signal and I wonder if you can see those same characters on your cluster (the photo is not clear enough for me to read).

Good to know that it's not just me having a problem setting it up, Duncan. I've emailed Jaycar in the hope that someone will know what's happening and steer me in the right direction.

I've pored over the back of that speedo, Bob, and I cannot find those same characters on the back of my speedo. I've even painstakingly traced the track from the pin, all the way through and no where does it have a screw intercepting it.

Cheers,

- Lance