SAU Community

Everyone's Thoughts, Opinons And Experiences With The Rb 25 Wanted

yoshiii335

Thank you.

Incase I am able to somehow come into a RB25 for cheap and that runs good, does anyone have links to posts about how to put a RB25 into a R32 with pictures? I found many posts but they don't have pictures. Also does any shops in Australia make the wiring loom for that swap?

swap two pins and run a VCT trigger, not rocket science

If I do not know what I am doing or what the items look like and have no pictures for reference, actually it is hard. From what I have read I have to splice RB25 injector loom onto the RB20 injector loom, mess with the main harness loom and more. Pics of the things and plugs I will have to cut and modify will help so I am not guessing.

For everyone who has done it before, easy, but for someone who doesn't know , not easy. If I do this in the future, I don't want to waste things.

For example, I found a post where someone has pictures of the speedos and how to modify them to work with the RB20 dash.

I have read some people say use the RB20 loom, some people say RB25 loom.

It is really VERY easy. You lay the RB25 Neo loom down on the floor. You lay the RB20 loom down next to it. You keep everything in the Neo loom that has to do with the engine and the ECU. You replace all the bits from the Neo loom that connect to stuff on the body that don't work the same as the R32 loom, with bits from the R32 loom. You probably need to have the wiring diagrams for each on hand to make sure you don't make some horrible mistakes. The diagrams are freely available. It will take you a couple of days once you start.

The air-con is a pain in the arse though. Still haven't quite got mine working. The R34 system is a tiny bit more sophisticated than the R32.

The speedo is easy. Just google the Navara speedo mod.

I think master troll at work, could be Christian himself causing a stir to bring activity back onto the forum.

No Troll, I am asking how to do something, I have searched and cannot find it but instead of help I get troll troll, ?????? Are you people f*&ked up?

It is really VERY easy. You lay the RB25 Neo loom down on the floor. You lay the RB20 loom down next to it. You keep everything in the Neo loom that has to do with the engine and the ECU. You replace all the bits from the Neo loom that connect to stuff on the body that don't work the same as the R32 loom, with bits from the R32 loom. You probably need to have the wiring diagrams for each on hand to make sure you don't make some horrible mistakes. The diagrams are freely available. It will take you a couple of days once you start.

The air-con is a pain in the arse though. Still haven't quite got mine working. The R34 system is a tiny bit more sophisticated than the R32.

The speedo is easy. Just google the Navara speedo mod.

Thanks! I found the Navara speedo cable mod earlier. It has pictures. So I'll research the ac fittings part. So you used a engine from a R34? Thanks

It has been said multiple times in this thread to use a RB25 neo, which comes from an R34.

The people here aren't f**ked up its that this forum attracts noticeably slow-minded people who don't usually listen and don't usually take advice.

I think a rb25 would be a choice mate. So would a rb26. But from a stock piont. The pistons ring lands are crap. For me it failed after 22 psi. Next it has a few oil problems when puched to hard. First the crank collar then the right oil restrictors according to oil pump and rpm your going to need all based on what restrictor size. Then you would want to vent the block and have a back up head drain for me on both sides of the motor worked well. Then if all of that works out. For me around 30psi the hydraulic lifters start to fail. So by saying that you can do what ive always wanted to do. Use a NEO head as its solid lifters already. I have found oil control in the rb25 way harder to control than a rb26. But it is possible. I would also invest in a oil accumulator and a bettet sump. There you go thats my experience as well as my 2 cents.