SAU Community

Gt3583r Upgrade Options

Xing Yi

Looking at upgrading my setup from the old GT3582R.

Yes I have searched all week here and google, but there is a lot of options out there with new technology turbos.

Basicly I want to increase power and sacrifice a little in response, around 1000 rpm is fine.

I'm currently making 400Kw+ and would like 600Kw.

I have a built rb26, mild port, hks step 1 cams 272, bc springs and retainers, 6 boost t3 manifold, gt3582r t3 0.82, 3.5 in exhaust and e85.

My main problem is getting a turbo that will flow that much to fit where the GT3582R is.

Have been looking at Precision, Forced Performance, Garrett, Borg Warner, Ect.

Would like to keep water cooled housing for reliability as car is tracked.

Let me know of any experience with these turbos, also there after sales service.

Please only post first hand experience and no rumours.

Unfortunately if some of us posted our first hand experiences this thread would be quickly locked. Turbo's at that power level can go bang out of the box, and rarely is there any warranty when they do.

600 is a lot of kw, are you sure you need that much? If you didn't want to pay a large lag penalty I know the GTX35 will fit in the same spot, and should flow another 100 odd if you lean on it with the right mods...

Thanks Scotty.

As you know I'm still not happy with the power and want more.

I want to maximize my setup, retain AC, full interior and standard look.

The r32 gtr is more than capable of handling this power, other than the gearbox.

I have sent enquiry to Forced Performance, as they seem to have great results with the T3 flanged turbos.

There new HTZ Super 99 or the Xona 95-67 look like the go to me.

I had a fast rx-7 before I love top end power and don't mind lag. In fact i love lag gives others a chance.

Also there is a lot of roll racing at QR these days an I love kicking ass, would be great to keep doing this with a t3 manifold :)

With your current turbine housing, I have an upgrade option that pushes it to a T04Z 84mm billet configuration working with an custom profiled 75mm turbine. This will be the largest T3x print possible as the bearing housing starts to run out of materials to sit the wheel in. That should set around the 500awkws region.

Mate im in the same shoe. More power. My goals were 800hp to the wheels. I have a gtx3582r wit a 1.06 ar t4 housing and was after 800hp. Its obvious thats not going to happen. So i dropped my goals to 600hp. Which i think will be pushing this turbo to the max. Im just hoping for a good power curve. Well im happy to see that your on track and looking foward to seeing what becomes of your setup your planning on going with.

Thanks for the input.

Hypergear you have good reputation, and a mate is running one of your turbos. He is very happy with your turbo!

Give you a call this week when I have time, as I think might be safer to run something locally built.

But hard decision when Persisions and FP seem to be making big numbers.

But then again most of them are on US Dynos!

Will keep you guys posted with results.

Seems to be for diesel trucks, not sure if it's designed for petrol heat. Try ringing Magnaflow and asking if it's suitable, but I doubt the Australian distributor will have them.

As Hadouken said, the 5 inch ones should be fine, I have seen 200 cell 5 inch cats flowing 450 odd kw. 6 inch might be a little hard to tuck up, unless you have raised your car or don't go over speed humps.

Unfortunately the cat will be the least of your legality issues with a power figure that high. :P