SAU Community

Gecko Coilovers Testing

r32forthewin

Hey all,
I have just upgraded my suspension from king springs and shocks,
To Gecko G-racing coilovers,(13kg front and 8kg rear)
still playing around with the dampaning setting but from the factory settings these are
Very comfortable for street use. I drive my daily 2 months on these coilovers
and I'm impressed with the comfort. I went to Huntley hill climb(Dapto NSW) and knocked 2.5 seconds off my time !!.
when to the last driving sports event and the car feels amazing, its a lot more predictable and easier to
control. all for $1250 I'm impressed. bought them via ozmotorsports (02) 42281250

post-141731-0-36834000-1447027369_thumb.jpg

post-141731-0-52624800-1447027486_thumb.jpg

post-141731-0-13483200-1447027488_thumb.jpg

Nah mate that's ok NSW is a bit of a drive from home.

All I would say is a couple things, actually make that three.

1. Having the damper set soft makes springs feel softer. It is not a good thing however as generally underdamped springs tend not to handle as well as they should.

2. Same, same for under inflated tyres.

3. Hillclimb speed is usually about confidence. It is common to go seconds faster as you build familiarity with the circuit.

Anyway good luck to you if you are happy with your car & suspension. Just not sure 13kg and comfortable belong in the same sentence. Your car would have left the factory with a spring rate 3kg/mm or less.

not recommending anything, just wanted to slap up a post,
damper settings are on 10 front 0 rear
I run 16inch mesh wheels on the street with 205/55 At 34 psi.
yes might have gain more
confidence but the car handles better(the king springs were rubbish)

kings springs as thats what the can came on

currently have stock sway bars looking to upgrade to superpro/whiteline bars

open to advise, here to learn.

FYI, when you make the front springs harder in increases the tendency to understeer. GTRs are worse than GTSTs due to the extra weight at the front due to the 4WD kit. If you find it understeers too much, reduce the front spring rate, then play with anti-roll bars. Similar to springs, you want to reduce the rate at the end where you need more grip, or increase the rate at the other end.

FWIW i've gone from 10/8 to 8/6 to 7/6. If i had your car the first thing i would do is put 10s in the front.

Hey all,

I have just upgraded my suspension from king springs and shocks,

To Gecko G-racing coilovers,(13kg front and 8kg rear)

still playing around with the dampaning setting but from the factory settings these are

Very comfortable for street use. I drive my daily 2 months on these coilovers

and I'm impressed with the comfort. I went to Huntley hill climb(Dapto NSW) and knocked 2.5 seconds off my time !!.

when to the last driving sports event and the car feels amazing, its a lot more predictable and easier to

control. all for $1250 I'm impressed. bought them via ozmotorsports (02) 42281250

Is it just me or does this sound like a massive sales pitch?

Spruiking a new product?

• Like 1

FYI, when you make the front springs harder in increases the tendency to understeer. GTRs are worse than GTSTs due to the extra weight at the front due to the 4WD kit. If you find it understeers too much, reduce the front spring rate, then play with anti-roll bars. Similar to springs, you want to reduce the rate at the end where you need more grip, or increase the rate at the other end.

FWIW i've gone from 10/8 to 8/6 to 7/6. If i had your car the first thing i would do is put 10s in the front.

what sized sway bars would you recommend?