SAU Community

SAU Circuit Times

Roy

• 2 weeks later...

SAU Nickname - Snowman

Car Make and Model - BMW 135i E87

Circuit Name - Nurburgring - Germany

Lap Time (BTG) - 9.12.3 :) - Google Earth file of lap here - http://sau.ferni.net/Snowy/20080404-1505-b...ap-1-export.kml

\

Mods - Half cage, Sparco Race Seat and harness, Brembo Brakes and pads and KW Suspension

Tyres - Bridgestone RE050 street tyres.

Power - 306HP

I did one slow sighting lap to see the track and get a feel for the car - which scared the crap out of me.

I then did my 1 hot lap - which really scared the crap out of me.

On my next lap it started PISSING down and then a car infront of me speared off into a wall halfway around the track and with me having a $20K excess over my head I decided it was time to call it a day. (My lap time in the rain was 10.51).

But my god - what a track that place is!

post-5136-1207702246_thumb.jpg

So jealous... I really regret not doing the burgerring while I was over there...

Same here.. I was over there for 2 years and it did not even enter into my head that I should goto the ring.. how f'n stupid of me

Dam snowy!!!!!Well done mate!!!!

Is that the twin turbo bmw? (same motor from the 335?)

Has anyone else here done the ring? A mate did it in a renault megane and was around the 10min mark

Dam snowy!!!!!Well done mate!!!!

Is that the twin turbo bmw? (same motor from the 335?)

Has anyone else here done the ring? A mate did it in a renault megane and was around the 10min mark

Yep - same twin turbo motor out of the 335i. I originally booked that car as I thought it should be fun and light and nimble. When I got there on Friday morning Theo (who runs rent-racecar) told me I had picked the "most difficult to drive" car in his fleet. LOL. I soon found out why. Because it has pretty good power but it as quite a short wheel base so it was EXTREMELY twitchy in the rear - espeically at higher speeds. And there are plently of places you find yourself having to brake and turn from high speeds and boy did I have some moments! Still - no point in not making the most of a potentially one off life experience hey. :D

BTW - Theo told me I was insane to have run 9.12 on my 1st ever lap around the place. lol

• 4 weeks later...

SAU Nickname: Dave R (David Rodan)

Car Make and Model: 99' Honda Integra R (DC2R)

Circuit Name: Wakefield park (Re-surfaced)

Lap time: 1:11.5

Modifications

Engine: Exhaust, extractors, intake.

Power: aprox 105-110kw @ wheels

Suspension: Buddyclub Race Spec Coilovers, Buddyclub P1 Camber Kit F&R

Tyres: Dunlop D03 (semi's)

Brakes: Project Mu 500max, Slotted Rotors

Body weight: 1175kg (full tank of fuel and me)

Weather was interesting, was raining on and off during the morning and the track was fairly slippery for most of the day.

:)

was done on 27/4/08 Round 2 of NSW SS...

http://www.natsoft.com.au/cgi-bin/re...4/2008.WAKE.SS

Yer yer i know its not a skyline :(

Edited by Dave R

SAU Nickname: Duncan

Car Make and Model: 32gtr n1

Circuit Name: Oran Park

Lap time: 49.7193

Modifications

Engine: standard n1

Power: 240awkw

Suspension: noltec coilovers

Tyres: yoko a048r

Brakes: standard brembos

Body weight: 1550kg

done at night too!

SM Motorsport M3

Driver: Sam Markov

240 rwkw

1210kg

slicks

brembos all round

Eastern Creek (1st time at track , BMW club day; 04.05.2008)

Lap time: 1.41.1540 (available on Natsoft)

Edited by G_T_R

Beat my PB at Winton by 3 seconds today with 35rwkw less than before at 1.41.7-ish

Damn, I know my lines arent the best, and im going in a bit too hot on some of the corners, but I dont think theres more than 2 sec's in it (at my level of skill) unless im doing something really wrong.

Wonder how much time there is in it if I get a proper wheel alignment and some strut braces and sway bars. No matter, I wont be doing anything else to it until get into the 30's. No point spending more money to make up for the lack of driver skill :)

Edited by Yawn

The car has 280rwkw and Ohlins coilovers and RE55s. I need a wheel alignment, havent done it before, and some sway bars and strut braces might help a bit.

The first time at Winton I did 1.44-ish, which was the time before this. I had 315rwkw at that time with RE55s and GAB coilovers.

Im not that satisfied with the time because of me knowing quite a few drivers in their stock-ish evo's in the 38-39s. And your time too Roy, thats what I call respectable. You've got less power than me but presumably more suspension work?

• 2 weeks later...

SAU Nickname: BHDave

Car Make and Model: 32gtst nugget

Circuit Name: Wakefield

Lap time: 1:07.9310 (natsoft No 12)

Modifications

Engine: rb25det

Power: 255rwkw for the moment

Suspension: cusco comp 2 coilovers, Whiteline 24mm front and rear bars yadda yadda, same as last time

Tyres: 235/45 17 RE55 well past the indicators on the rear

Brakes: R34 GTT front with pmu hcr pro rotors and HC+ pads

Body weight: Stock minus AC compressor, back seat and boot trim. GTR bonnet and front guards

Natsoft arvo standings

So Boz pulled a 1:05 out of the southern motor works exige today (running slick i might add....), does that mean my car has a low 6 in it as it stands? :D

New PB for me at Sandown - 1.21.8

New engine is the only real change - power about 365kw ATRW (detuned from 377KW for circuit)