Roy

SAU Nickname: Russman

Car Make and Model: R32 GTSt

Circuit Name: Sandown

Lap time: 1.28.6

Modifications

Engine: RB20 with PowerFC, HKS 2530 turbo, GTR injectors

Power: 200rwkw

Suspension: cusco drift spec (too stiff), strut braces and larger rear swaybar.

Tyres: RE55's

Brakes: R34 GTT front, R32 GTR rear

Body weight: Standard

I may as well put my times in here since there's a 300ZX and a Silvia in the QR Sprint top 10

SAU Nickname: hrd-hr30

Car Make and Model: Datsun 1200

Circuit Name: QLD Raceway Sprint circuit

Lap time: 58.23

Modifications

Engine: CA18DET, HKS GTRS @ 22psi

Power: 230rwkw

Suspension: coilovers, Konis, camber, reversed eye leafs

Tyres: Toyo RA1

Brakes: 300ZX 4 spots

Body weight: ~900kg?

there seems to be a problem with the template - where do I put my excuses??? overheating, miss-firing, only 15psi, turbo falling off, but still passing GTRs :D

haha excuses only apply to gtr drivers :D

G T R...less of the m3 times and more skyline times. we all know there are plenty of faster track cars in oz, but this is SAU remember..... I would love to see his gtr putting down some good times

haha excuses only apply to gtr drivers :D

G T R...less of the m3 times and more skyline times. we all know there are plenty of faster track cars in oz, but this is SAU remember..... I would love to see his gtr putting down some good times

I'll be sure to keep you all informed of the GTR times when its finished...the way that is looking it could be a while longer yet.

C'mon its only a poor little beemer with a pissy little amount of grunt, less than half the power of most of the quick GTR's running around the circuits...........but duly noted, i'll refrain from posting Sam's times until his Skyline is going again. :D:D

SAU Nickname: sav man

Car Make and Model: R32 GT-R

Circuit Name: Symmons Plains

Lap time: 1:01.02

Modifications

Engine: unopened, HKS GT2530's, cam gears, HKS Type-R intercooler. Trust split dumps/front pipes, 80mm cat back.

Power: 311rwkw

Suspension: shitty tenebe crap, nultec upper arms, Cusco caster rods, HICAS lock bar

Tyres: Dunlop DZ02 245/40/18

Brakes: (F) Porsche GT3 6 pots, 355mm rotors, hawk HT10 pads, ® stock with hawk blue pads

Body weight: stock -HICAS

First time at OP south today, absolutely loved it. It also really highlighted some deficiencies in my cars setup.

No changes to the car since my previous post (except it now has no front pads...)

0:51.013 (Natsoft)

SAU Nickname: Munro

Car Make and Model: R33 GTR

Circuit Name: Mallala (private track day 9/6/08)

Lap time: 1min 19 seconds

Modifications

Engine: OS 3 Litre

Power: 450kw

Suspension: Bilsteins

Tyres: Yoko A048s 265/35/18s on RE30s

Brakes: F50 Brembos

Body weight: 1650kg

2nd time out, this time with better brakes & tyres.

Had a ball, cant wait to go back. Heaps more fun than drag racing!

Car Make and Model: R33 GTR

Circuit Name: Mallala (private track day 9/6/08)

Lap time: 1min 19 seconds

Modifications

Engine: OS 3 Litre

Power: 450kw

Suspension: Bilsteins

Tyres: Yoko A048s 265/35/18s on RE30s

Brakes: F50 Brembos

Body weight: 1650kg

Thats awesome John, is this the silver/grey car with twin TD06-20Gs?

Hi, yes that is the car but now has T04Z on OS 3 litre engine. The TD06s were too laggy for the street & this new setup with smaller cams(272s were 280s!) & std throttles/plenum is much better. I had such a great time the 1st time I took it out to Mallala, that I have been busy changing my drag GTR (which was the "3 litre streeter") back into a circuit car so I can get some use out of it.

Thats why I wanted to get some practice today in the street GTR to learn how to drive out there (no proper training or experience at circuit) & I have gone even further back to std with the race car by fitting 2860-10s & 260 cams to try & get more response down low for this small track. I am still expecting it will make over 400rwkw like the street GTR but it is 400kg less & has Holinger gearbox & carbon brakes so should be a lot quicker once I can learn to drive it to its potential - will take much practice. Cant wait to get it out there later in the year.

In regards to tyres, I did try to get DZ03Gs but were told they were out of stock for at least 3 months! This first set of Yoko semi comps will be my learning tyres for the street GTR & maybe the first couple of times for the Race GTR so will do the job for me until my skill level increases then a new set of Dunlops will definately be the go once I can get the best out of them.

post-538-1213011670_thumb.jpgpost-538-1213011725_thumb.jpg

Awesome, your street GTR was my dream car for quite some time. It was on a DVD i had from years ago, being driven in the wet i recall? Maybe it was the previous owners car at that time? Either way, some cool toys to be playing with at the track.

Mallala looks interesting and tried to get out there are few times in 2006 when i was working in Thebarton, only was havign car problems at the time so was happy the little GTSt made the return trips from Melbourne. LOL i did get drunk one night and let a few SA gusy scare me in the hills driving my car on semis. LOL i recall Darren saying he wasnt trying that hard because the tyres werent squeeling :) I dont think he realised semi slicks dont really squeel like road tyres :)

Jeebuz John I remember looking seriously at buying your old Blue R34 GTR back in 2003 (someone actually beat me to it as I was really keen). It sure has taken you long enough to find corners!! :P

Jeebuz John I remember looking seriously at buying your old Blue R34 GTR back in 2003 (someone actually beat me to it as I was really keen). It sure has taken you long enough to find corners!! :(

I have been going pretty hard up in the Adelaide hills on some of our awesome driving roads for years now, but I am starting to grow up & behave myself (& you can go 100% on the track). My car makes over 130db on the wastegate & flying past old codgers when their windows are down at over twice their speed is not really socially acceptable these days!!!

Apparently they are resurfacing the complete track at AIR which will mean we will have a high speed circuit which will be fun.

I was getting up to 154mph from a standing start on the drag strip with heaps of time to slow down, so with a run up around the back of the bowl & a gentle bend at the far end of the track there is plenty of room for some serious overtaking missions up the straight.

0 - 300 racing anyone? Yee hah........... Come on summer. :P

SAU Nickname: Sinful

Car Make and Model: R32 GTR

Circuit Name: Wakefield

Lap time: 1:11:89

Modifications

Engine: Standard

Power: 280kws

Suspension: Apexi

Tyres: Yokohama A048's

Brakes: Standard

Body weight: Standard

I am pretty stoked at my time, learning loads as I go and pushing the car more and more as still getting used to it all :P Those tyre's are amazing and wasn't anywhere near there limit..Cant wait for the next super sprint bring on EC!!

make nissan

model r33 gtr vspec

power 380kws at the wheels at 22 psi

brakes braided lines slotted rotors ds300 pads

suspention tein monoflex coilovers adjustable lower control arms and castor bars

tyres 255 40 17 bridgestone re55s

tracktime wakefield 1:10.61 on sunday 15/6/08

Guys,

Just did Mallala - did a 1:17:01 which I just couldn't make into a 1:16!!! Oh well!

SAU Nickname: Blue32

Car Make and Model: R32 GTR

Circuit Name: Mallala

Lap time: 1:17:01

Modifications

Engine: Cams, mild headwork, Pistons, Inj, matchported manifolds, T517z's

Power: 400rwkw

Suspension: Silk road crapped out coilovers

Tyres: RE55s on their last legs

Brakes: AP (front) std (rear)

Body weight: std