SAU Community

Tie Rod Upgrades/advice Needed...

I have an r34 sedan and was looking at my ball joints/tie rods etc and saw that my tie rods were pretty flogged out but still ok... I saw that there was some n1 gtr tie rods and tie rod ends on eBay just wondering would the fittings (thread) fit into the steering rack? Just thought that I may as well upgrade if I have the chance... Or even any advice on the topic would be great!!!

post-136041-1452409814193_thumb.jpgpost-136041-14524098344859_thumb.jpg

What is it that you wish to upgrade? In terms of strength, it is better to have an easily replaceable part as the weakest link, in case you hit a gutter for example, instead of damaging the steering rack.

Be sure the part has matching threads and is the correct length. While the threads seem to be the same across many models of skyline and stagea, the lengths vary. Ensure there are plenty of threads inserted into the outer tie rod, otherwise you risk it ripping out.

I used GTR tie rods from supercheap for about $70, but again check the length for your application.

Be sure the part has matching threads and is the correct length. While the threads seem to be the same across many models of skyline and stagea, the lengths vary. Ensure there are plenty of threads inserted into the outer tie rod, otherwise you risk it ripping out.

I used GTR tie rods from supercheap for about $70, but again check the length for your application.

Just looking to upgrade the tie rods wasn't sure if the threads matched up and if gtr tie rods would fit in replacement of the stock sedan ones...