SAU Community

Looking For Timing Marks V35 Skyline

MJTru

Hi guys sorry, but i dont know if im even posting in the right area.

I would really appreciate if anyone has the timeing chain marks for primary and secondary chain on a v35 skyline vq25de motor. Many thanks in advance.

For what its worth there is now a section for VQ models V35 and V36 (fourth from the top).

I have an English language workshop manual for the Nissan Teanna which had a range of VQ engines but I haven't worked on them so know nothing. Here is a pic of the cam gears:

post-49463-0-69779900-1454503488_thumb.jpg

Thanks mate. Ill post on the vq section next time. I got it all sorted today runs good. I decided to pull the motor. But after i realized i could have done it from the front pulling the bumber off and stuff for space.

Looking at the engine from the front you would want to use the dots to align the small secondary chain and on the left hand side. On the right side you would want to use the slots not the dots. Same a g35 really. And the main chain is simple it will just line up with the marks on the chain. But if anyone wants details please feel free to pm me as i have some photos of it. As well as a video.

All in all it took me 2 days start to finish. This is pulling the motor so that i can change main seals as well.

:D

Note note an easy job.

For what its worth there is now a section for VQ models V35 and V36 (fourth from the top).

I have an English language workshop manual for the Nissan Teanna which had a range of VQ engines but I haven't worked on them so know nothing. Here is a pic of the cam gears:

attachicon.gifVQ engine 001.jpg

I think that engine that you post is not a VQ its a QR25DE

I think that engine that you post is not a VQ its a QR25DE

B*gger me you caught me out. I didn't know that the Teana also came out with a QR20DE as well as the VQ23, 25 and 35DE which i would have learned if I had scrolled further down on my CD. Guess its too late now but PM me your postal address if you want a copy of the CD (English language Nissan Teana workshop manual).

B*gger me you caught me out. I didn't know that the Teana also came out with a QR20DE as well as the VQ23, 25 and 35DE which i would have learned if I had scrolled further down on my CD. Guess its too late now but PM me your postal address if you want a copy of the CD (English language Nissan Teana workshop manual).

Im in the states mate. Could you email it (zip)

???