SAU Community

Rb30 Block Wanting 600 Safe Hp. What Do I Need

ncrdbl

Hey guys and girls,

So ive got my hands on a rb30 block and i have a r33 gtst. How would i go upon making the infamous rb30? my block is bored out to 87mm honed and decked. i know ive got to modify my rb25det head slightly for it to work with it but ive heard a neo head works better ? is it true and if so how ? also what pistons would i need to you and crank. budget isnt really an issue for me i just need info i get mixed numbers all the time.

Ive got a 3 layer cosmetic head gasket also, ill be running 272 cams and ill be installing stiffer springs and upgraded lifters and all the supporting mods 1000cc injectors and all the good stuff. Once again my goal is anywhere around the 600 hp mark. i have alot of experience with engines as i have grown up around them but never really rebuilt one alone and which is mine..

Any help would be great thanks.

Hey guys and girls,

So ive got my hands on a rb30 block and i have a r33 gtst. How would i go upon making the infamous rb30? my block is bored out to 87mm honed and decked. i know ive got to modify my rb25det head slightly for it to work with it but ive heard a neo head works better ? is it true and if so how ? also what pistons would i need to you and crank. budget isnt really an issue for me i just need info i get mixed numbers all the time.

Ive got a 3 layer cosmetic head gasket also, ill be running 272 cams and ill be installing stiffer springs and upgraded lifters and all the supporting mods 1000cc injectors and all the good stuff. Once again my goal is anywhere around the 600 hp mark. i have alot of experience with engines as i have grown up around them but never really rebuilt one alone and which is mine..

Any help would be great thanks.

Read the PDF in the first post of the first thread in this section for a start.

600hp (330awkw) is pretty straightforward and should not require anything special....as Bob said just follow the well worn route. Even if you want 600hp atw (450kw) it's well within the ability of the combo on e85 with the right turbo

you'd put smaller cams in it for a start...272 and rbs are a good receipt for breaking shit, revs are not your friend, you want area under the curve..and lots of it for a streeter

small cams/ stock intake runners/.decent comp

600hp is pretty much a stocky, built right and tuned well..the vl turbo guys have been doing it for a long time..since the mid to late 90's ..skyline guys just take no notice..lol

and twin cams are far easier than a sohc head

Just depends what you personally feel comfortable with doing and your budget

cheers

darren

Edited by jet_r31