SAU Community

Advice On Setup Needed

Looking for a bit of advice on the setup I have in mind for my rb25det r33.

Spool H beam rods

CP 87mm 9.0:1 pistons with upgraded pins

Supertech +1mm valves

Supertech single valve springs

Haltech platinum pro ECU

ID 1000 injectors

Deatschwerks 340lph fuel pump

Tomei Poncams

Water meth injection

Maybe a small shot of nitrous as I have a kit laying around.

Running 98 octane on the street and 102 octane when going to the track.

Power wise my goal is to be able to at least be able to run consistently in the low 11's on the 1/4 mile so whatever power is needed for that.

However I would still like it to be fun to drive on the street so hoping this will be possible without massive lag.

Any advice on turbo’s that would suit my needs?

I was looking at the Precision Gen 2 6062 (T3 .82, 3 inch vband) myself but there doesn’t seem to be much info on this turbo on a RB25, would this be a good choice?

You wont need 102 race fuel if running water Meth.

Run 6466 precision 400-500rwkw easy and decent response... even better with your NOS shot.

make sure it has WMI fail-safes built into the haltech tune.

What sort of response would that have on a standard capacity 25 Trent?

Im thinking about going bigger than my current GReddy TD06 SL2-20G 10cm, but unsure if I could stand too much more lag. I have almost an Identical engine setup to the OP, but on E85 and camtech 268/9mm cams

To the OP, Are you using the haltech for nitrous and WMI control?

You wont need 102 race fuel if running water Meth.

Run 6466 precision 400-500rwkw easy and decent response... even better with your NOS shot.

make sure it has WMI fail-safes built into the haltech tune.

Appreciate your input.

With the 6466 rated at 900 hp wouldn't it be a bit big for my goals?

Which turbine housing would suit best? the T3 .82 or T4 divided .84?

I will have to look into how to setup the WMI fail safe in the Haltech.

What sort of response would that have on a standard capacity 25 Trent?

Im thinking about going bigger than my current GReddy TD06 SL2-20G 10cm, but unsure if I could stand too much more lag. I have almost an Identical engine setup to the OP, but on E85 and camtech 268/9mm cams

To the OP, Are you using the haltech for nitrous and WMI control?

Currently I'm not running any of that yet, it's just the parts I have laying around until I've made a decision on a turbo and manifold.

But the preferred setup would be to have all of it controlled by the Haltech.

What kind of power and response do you get with your current setup?

6466 is certainly a huge turbo, but it's also about the most responsive way you'll make that kind of power right now. Either that or something EFR related.

That said, getting a low 11 can be done in few ways, by brute force power as above or by spending the money elsewhere on tyres, suspension setup etc.

Made 270 on 17 psi on 98, choked by a f**ked cat and stock cams, full boost around 3500 from memory

now have added my cams/e85/haltech ps2000/straight pipes and a few other bits, was hopeful of 330-340 on 22-24 psi, boost on maybe 500 rpm earlier?

I'd love another 100kw, but am worried all the extra lag will negate having more power. Still a hydro head so can only rev to 8000 or so, I also have a nitrous kit to go in, with the haltech controlling it, but I hadn't considered WMI.

I'll be watching this with interest, I've trawled through the 25 dyno thread and it just hurt my brain in the end.

6466 is certainly a huge turbo, but it's also about the most responsive way you'll make that kind of power right now. Either that or something EFR related.

That said, getting a low 11 can be done in few ways, by brute force power as above or by spending the money elsewhere on tyres, suspension setup etc.

I've bought a set of 16" MT Street SS drag radials and R32 GTR wheels, as for the rest of the suspension I'm still looking into what would work.

Made 270 on 17 psi on 98, choked by a f**ked cat and stock cams, full boost around 3500 from memory

now have added my cams/e85/haltech ps2000/straight pipes and a few other bits, was hopeful of 330-340 on 22-24 psi, boost on maybe 500 rpm earlier?

I'd love another 100kw, but am worried all the extra lag will negate having more power. Still a hydro head so can only rev to 8000 or so, I also have a nitrous kit to go in, with the haltech controlling it, but I hadn't considered WMI.

I'll be watching this with interest, I've trawled through the 25 dyno thread and it just hurt my brain in the end.

With yours running on e85 I don't think you should worry about WMI.

I know what you mean about the dyno thread, I've been reading that and several other topics for a while now trying to decide on a turbo.

I think I'll bite the bullet and place the order for a 6466, now gotta decide on a manifold...

Would have gone 300 and probably quicker response with a decat and some more boost on 98.

I'm never said it was laggy at all, more so that I wasnt sure if the extra 100kw would make it faster if it was another 2000-3000 rpm laggier. If that makes sense?

I've bought a set of 16" MT Street SS drag radials and R32 GTR wheels, as for the rest of the suspension I'm still looking into what would work.

With yours running on e85 I don't think you should worry about WMI.

I know what you mean about the dyno thread, I've been reading that and several other topics for a while now trying to decide on a turbo.

I think I'll bite the bullet and place the order for a 6466, now gotta decide on a manifold...

Tbh with a 6466 and proper tyres an 11 will be, well. Your setup is, well... VIOLENTLY overkill for that goal. 600RWKW and traction will end in tears, of happiness or otherwise with a 11s target :P

Would have gone 300 and probably quicker response with a decat and some more boost on 98.

I'm never said it was laggy at all, more so that I wasnt sure if the extra 100kw would make it faster if it was another 2000-3000 rpm laggier. If that makes sense?

Must have misunderstood what you said, I worked hard to get rid of lag from the car I bought and got hammered for wanting and chasing more torque, on many occasions told to buy a V8, lol and when I saw "full Boost at 3500" I though it was great :)

yeah 10s would be pretty easy.

• 3 weeks later...

Nice :cool:

I have the 6266 Gen 2 , still about 50kw left , ID1300 injectors, both are close to maxed at 730 BHP

Always wondered how the 6466 would have been with ID2000 in mine and what the spool difference would be against the 6266