SAU Community

Problem with oil pressure RB26.

Problem with oil pressure RB26.

Hi,

I have problem with oil pressure, engine is forged, dont take oil, no leaks and i have Nitto oil pump.

When i start engine it have 7-8b on 1000rpm, when oil is hot i have 1.7-1.9b at 1000rpm, normal driving (3000-6000) 5-6b and when i go WOT [from 4000 to 8200] it drop to 2.2-2.8b and when i press light acceleration pedal it again hold  5-6b ... wtf?

I have fresh Motul 300v 15w50 with K&N Oil filter.

Edited by joe89

Are you working your numbers off the oil pressure gauge at the top RH side of your dash?

If so, the oil pressure gauge may be faulty. This IS a common problem. Iv'e replaced 3 out of the 5 R32 GT-R's I've had.

Make sure the numbers you are quoting are correct off an external gauge.

Cheers,

Bob.

53 minutes ago, GT-R David said:

It's not the gauge. It's an actual problem on the RB26.

You will find information in here.

What u mean? I trying to find some information but the most is problem with stock old oem pump or crank. I have crank in mint condition and new pump.

Numbers are from external gauge, on internal it shows in half way 2-4b on 100% TPS till rev limit.

It look like:

full throttle: at 6000 3b, 6200 3.2b, 6500 - 2.6b, 6800 - 2.9b, 8000 - 2.2b and 8200 2.5b

half or low throttle 4000 - 5.8b, 6000 6.2b

hot idle 1000 - 1.7-1.9b

cold engine 1000 7-8b

Edited by joe89

It looks like you are emptying your sump hence the fall off in pressure. Read the oil control thread for possible explanations and remedies. If you don't want to read the whole thread read the first few pages and the last half to see how thinking on this matter has developed over time.

• Like 1