SAU Community

Window Tint

ferni

Got mine done at Premier at Coburg. Paid 250 for good quality tint or you can get the 100 dollar stuff but not recommended. Did the back darker than the rest and was told this was perfectly leagal. Overall did a good job but the guy was a bit of a Know all.

Guest RedLineGTR

i'm keen on some tint as well but i think i will give a couple of places around melb and see what i can during the week when i get some spare time, since i have been putting off getting the car tinted and the old tint removed for some time now. I have money atm but there is always something i can spend it on...sooner or later.

Guest r34gttblack

A quick question about tinting guys, what would you guys advise? 35% or 20% tint film?

I think the regulation in Vic is 35%, but how many ppl have done 20% and not had any issues with the cops?

Cops in Vic are just getting annoying for god sake. I have had my car for less than 2 mnths and already pulled over twice. Its a stock R34 for god sake.

My skyline had ridiculous tint on the back and rear quarters. I couldn't see out at night so i had it removed and have got the F1 tint now, 35%... not dark enough. My Verada has some non F1 tint that's pimp style from the outside and you can still see out at night (although harder to see than the skyline). I wouldn't get F1 again... i got it for $200 (through a mate's work)... but for the normal price it costs i reckon it's a rip.

Andrew

A quick question about tinting guys, what would you guys advise? 35% or 20% tint film?  

I think the regulation in Vic is 35%, but how many ppl have done 20% and not had any issues with the cops?  

Cops in Vic are just getting annoying for god sake.  I have had my car for less than 2 mnths and already pulled over twice.  Its a stock R34 for god sake.

20% on the back is alright, but on the sides aswell would be a pain in the night when driving and parking

Guest r34gttblack
20% on the back is alright, but on the sides aswell would be a pain in the night when driving and parking

Ah..cool. thanks man. I havent driven a car with 20% tint. I think i will get the 35% front and 20% at the back. The tint-man was saying that you can put 2x35% films and that will give me around 20% tint level.

i got mine on a sale special thru the tint professor in Nth Coburg just off gaffney street for 260.. usually 365 or somethin

however i did get a quote few months back from Premier for about 280 .. but it was a 100buck off special ..