SAU Community

Window Tint

ferni

Had a search, doesn't seem to be any recent threads...

A while ago you guys got a deal of 180-200 dollars for formula 1 plus window tint from camberwell tint-a-car...

I just got quoted $320 to get my R33 done from tint-a-car in formula 1 plus... plus another $55 to remove my existing tint...

Guy said he has a special on at the moment which is giving $100 off, why lie... and when i told him i had my previous car done there, he dropped the price further to $375 including removing existing tint..

seems a bit expensive compared to your $200 from camberwell...

The tint these guys did on my old car was great, never peeled/bubbled in the 4 years i had it, and when someone broke my rear quater, they re-tinted it free... so hence my return business.. just seems a little too expensive...

He said i can have it in dark (20%) medium (35%) or light (??%)...

has anyone else been charged to remove existing tint?

any input ? :)

did you say that your from skylines australia?

i origionaly got quoted like 375-400, then i said im from skylines australia and they gave it to me for 220.00(not part of the group buy).

James.

PS.I remember a thread saying that the owner has now moved and it is new people there.... mabe that is why.

just called camberwell, nice guy, same speel as the narre warren one

495 for a sedan in formula 1 plus... 100 dollars off special so 395... and said he would throw in the strip of my existing tint into that price... so not much different to narre warren.. ohh and there is some free dvd player with it hahah

Again Ferni, did you ask for SAU/MCCR discount? I know it's $220 'cos I had mine done in F1 at that price about 15 months ago. Top blokes, but I think Brett is on holidays until August sometime. Perhaps call again after that?

Yep asked about a SAU discount - explained that a while ago therewas a group buy that went through and they got it discounted for 200 or so, he said yeah but its changed owners recently, so not much he can do - he was a nice guy, the manager i spoke to...

Dont get that formula 1 shit, its not dark at all.

I got my car done 30% on the sides and 20% on the rear for $250 or so from the sunroof centre in noble park. Comes with lifetime warranty, the top quality tint used and its the same place all the new car dealers use in that area, but they just mark up the price about 300% when you buy a new car and get the optional tint. Tint-a-car will not go that dark without having a winge

Ferni - I asked again about 2 months ago about a group tint at camberwell. They told me it had changed hands also.

I will be taking my car up to the Doncaster tint-a-car, my mechanic knows the owner. My mechanic reckons on around $190 at mates rates - plus around 50 bucks to remove my existing tint.

I have not seen his work, but if it is ok, then I might have a chat to him about an SAU tint day :)

Inasnt negative as always... :)

Tint-A-Car always say they've got a $100 off special on the F1 tint..

Anyway, you might get a good deal if you gather a group of ppl together. In the NSW thread we managed about $160 per car for tinting, with $50 to remove any existing tint.

For the price I got quoted to get F1 on my 33 I got my skyline and my van tinted..and I think it's better than my mate's F1 tint.

Hey ferni, try Premier Tint in Dandenong, I got mine done there. I went the highest quality film called Elite and they also tint a bit darker than legal which is what i went for. The quality is really good and i was really impressed with the service. It's around 300/350 but i got mine done for 250 with two other cars. I've forgotten the guys name but i highly recommend them.

The tint-a-car i called said they would do the 20% if i want, my choice.

Ronin 09: when will you be checking out tint-a-car in doncaster?

I've taken both my cars to Tint-a-car in Preston (on Bell St.), very happy with the pricing/service. Never been charged to remove the old tint, can't remember what the exact price was - roughly $300 I think for the R33.

if you want your car done i can get it doen for $180 at 20% tint. me an my mates arranged a group buy thing, had it done oin my friends BMW 750 and a merc E320, looks phat as, good tint pretty dark or you can get 35% if you want gimme a call on 0403295564

Hey ferni, try Premier Tint in Dandenong, I got mine done there. I went the highest quality film called Elite and they also tint a bit darker than legal which is what i went for. The quality is really good and i was really impressed with the service. It's around 300/350 but i got mine done for 250 with two other cars. I've forgotten the guys name but i highly recommend them.

Got my front door windows done @ Premier Dandenong for $70 total - to match up with the "already [dark] tinted in Japan" rear quarters and rear windscreen. Also had another 34 tinted there for the same price ;)

Quality tint, lifetime warranty, great price!!!

At this time of year you should have no hassles getting cheap tint - they all start putting the price up around Spring time...

The jap tint like the tint my friends supra came with is just like limo tint, cant see a farking thing inside from the outside

Yeah I'm a little concerned about mine. I cannot see a thing through the back, and the sides are pretty bad too. I had a mate (a coppa) look at it, said its fine as long as the front windscreen isn't tinted. Reversing is a bitch...

My only issue is that you could not see my P plate through the glass, no matter how hard you looked. I finally got a sticker of a P and stuck in on the back windscreen. Not happy about it, but its only for a few months more and not worth 3 demerit points.

i got my tinted at the group buy. cost me $180 and didnt have to pay to remove the existing tint. mines the 35%, and i cant understand why you would want darker. the stuff on there originally was so dark that i couldnt see a thing when i reversed at night. so i would say forget about the 20% stuff.

The tint-a-car i called said they would do the 20% if i want, my choice.

Ronin 09: when will you be checking out tint-a-car in doncaster?

Sorry about the slow reply, Ferni, I'm in QLD - Noosa :)

My 32R is at the panel shop being straightened out - my mother backed into it - should be back end of the week. Will get a quote from Tint-a-car Doncaster early next week OK?

Cheers