SAU Community

Rb2530 cams

czy18e

Hi all,

I'm in the process of an rb30det build with s1 rb25 head.

The head currently has hks step 1 - 256 dur 8.8 lift inlet and 264 dur 9 lift exhaust with an adjustable exh cam gear.

Vct still works and it has 1mm oversize valves and upgraded springs.

The head was spun to 8000rpm regularly on the 2.5l.

I know all this cos it's my head.

Just wondering if any of you can shed any light on how these cams will perform on the 3 litre.

Funds are tight but I don't want the head to hold the 3ltr back so would upgrade them if really necessary.

Rev limit will remain at 8000 and I'm using a precision 6870.

I have never personally dealt with that sort of power level before mate so sorry but I can't really give you any info.

Yeah have seen over 400kw on standard Neo cams before. My car is spinning to 7500 but that dyno run was only to 7000.

RB30 bottom end has 340,000km on it too [emoji1]

• 1 month later...
On 20/10/2016 at 11:14 AM, iruvyouskyrine said:

Roughly what power are you looking to make? I use standard Neo cams in my 25/30 neo (tiny baby 232 in/ex) with a 3076 .82 and make 350kw with the turbo being a restriction as its too small.

What fuel  ?

5 hours ago, fikemoo said:

I thought the rb30 block didn't like revving past 7000-7500 unless messed with?

Like any engine it needs to be properly balanced if you want to rev it high. Rips has some RB30s spinning at 10,000 rev/min.

Like any engine it needs to be properly balanced if you want to rev it high. Rips has some RB30s spinning at 10,000 rev/min.

Yes of course but I was lead to believe it's due to the lack of stenghtening in the block. Compared again the rb26

Thanks for the reply matey :)

Rb 30 suffers from harmonic vibrations more than a 25 or 26 yes but due to advances in engine building and design over the years many RB30 have been known to spin as high as 10000 RPM and stay together due to finer balancing tolerances.

When I built mine I told the Machine Shop it would be spinning to 9000 RPM and built to produce 1000 horsepower.

This insuring my 7500 RPM rev limit will be safe and I will not break the engine due to overpowering it at 700 horsepower.

It's now about how deep your pockets are and how much you want to spend vs reliability and longevity to hp