SAU Community

'JETT' runs 10's

2rismo

Posted by 2rismo  

127mph terminal speed and 1.59 sec 60' time joined forces to produce the 10.8

Is this right...?

Did you manage a 1.59 sixty footer on 18 inch semi comps...?

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Emre: That's with the assistance of nitrous, which lowers 60 foot times dramatically, even with a so-so launch.

...... so with a good launch... WHOA NELLY!!!! :)

Wreckhead your a moron, openly flaunting that you will change plates and run a non andra approved cage, to get around the safety ban, in a forum which an andra official moderates?

With street slicks and any more power the gearbox will last one meet max, but hey as long as your mate drives it and gets YOUR time who cares.

I wish there wasn't safety bans, would make natural selections job a lot easier.

With street slicks and any more power the gearbox will last one meet max

No mate, you're the moron. Let me give you a flash back to 12 months ago when I was told the following:

Nitrous and the standard turbo won't go together and it'll last 'one meet max'. You keep racing your car like that and it'll last 'one meet max'. Burnouts like that will break your gearbox/diff/motor/arse etc and it'll last 'one meet max'.

Whilst I agree that that it's a farking bad idea to change plates and race again without UDL and ANDRA approved cage, I think you're over-stepping the mark a bit by saying that his box will break. Also, anyone wishing natural selection takes it's course by killing other forum members at the track has no place on this forum discussing anything. If you think I'm joking, run that past PranK and see what he thinks about it. I could save you the time though.....re-read the above paragraph.

Jeez!

Adrian

No mate, you're the moron.  Let me give you a flash back to 12 months ago when I was told the following:

Nitrous and the standard turbo won't go together and it'll last 'one meet max'.  You keep racing your car like that and it'll last 'one meet max'.  Burnouts like that will break your gearbox/diff/motor/arse etc and it'll last 'one meet max'.

Adrian

Everything always has to come back to you right? Its gotta be about you?

"I wish there wasn't safety bans, would make natural selections job a lot easier."

That is my quote, i dont see anything about killing or anything, it was tongue in cheek at best.

You might want to get over yourself.

Don't lose sight of the fact that the car ran hard into the tens. That's really good. Congratulations for that feat; it's not easy to do.

This is a drag racing subforum. Therefore people who come here like drag racing. Running a ten in a street car is a big deal. Let's give credit where it's due.

Don't lose sight of the fact that the car ran hard into the tens. That's really good. Congratulations for that feat; it's not easy to do.

This is a drag racing subforum. Therefore people who come here like drag racing. Running a ten in a street car is a big deal. Let's give credit where it's due.

some people just dont realise the dedication and money which is spent to get where you want, but its ok, rb20wagon runs 9s i think. as for me being a moron, i think you should stop breathing in the wind as i think your bad breath has finally got to your head.

Emre: That's with the assistance of nitrous, which lowers 60 foot times dramatically, even with a so-so launch.

Well... I can't get my head around that one.

60 foot times are directly related to the level of traction you have. How does nitrous reduce your 60 foot times into 1.59 on 18 inch semi-comps...? And this bloke is complaining about the lack of traction !

some people just dont realise the dedication and money which is spent to get where you want, but its ok, rb20wagon runs 9s i think. as for me being a moron, i think you should stop breathing in the wind as i think your bad breath has finally got to your head.

Im not going to reply any more after this, because its just a shitfight, so ill make it brief

If you ran a 9 and tried to brake / evade saftey regulations, you would still be a moron. I havent run a 9, my best is a 12.55 @ 113 in my car, with about 290 rwhp.

If you saw the Drag combat special on tv on perth, it was the car that came second to Got Boost. How fast your car is or what you have or havent done to it has nothing to do with the saftey regulations which was my original post.

Im not going to reply any more after this, because its just a shitfight, so ill make it brief

If you ran a 9 and tried to brake / evade saftey regulations, you would still be a moron. I havent run a 9, my best is a 12.55 @ 113 in my car, with about 290 rwhp.

If you saw the Drag combat special on tv on perth, it was the car that came second to Got Boost. How fast your car is or what you have or havent done to it has nothing to do with the saftey regulations which was my original post.

shuuurrrruppppp already, you and your regulations, im sick of your complaining.

why dont you mind your own business and if im going to break the rules, well thats good for me, why do you give a f*ck if i do or not, people break rules every day, for example speeding, burnouts, racing, shit like that, at least im in a enviroment where i can only do damage to myself, see ya

WERD Emre the 60ft time is nothing less then awesome, I compared it with the HPI list and its 3rd best in that class and thats against some pretty fierce competition so with some decent drag radials it will be very interesting to see what it will do

WERD Emre the 60ft time is nothing less then awesome' date=' I compared it with the HPI list and its 3rd best in that class and thats against some pretty fierce competition so with some decent drag radials it will be very interesting to see what it will do[/QUOte/']

1 month to go

Lack of traction with a 1.59 60 footer? Right... whatever :( I guess some people just like to make excuses no matter how good a time they run...

"Oh bro.. That was on low boost..."

"Wait till I turn on my solid fuel rocket engine!!"

I think that traction issues would be minimal with a 1.59 60 footer. Anyway, as you know, even with all 4 wheels spinning on a GTR launch, it's still scrambling forward at a great rate of knots, so the extra torque from the nitrous launch would only aid this :(

Lack of traction with a 1.59 60 footer? Right... whatever :( I guess some people just like to make excuses no matter how good a time they run...  

"Oh bro.. That was on low boost..."

"Wait till I turn on my solid fuel rocket engine!!"

I think that traction issues would be minimal with a 1.59 60 footer. Anyway, as you know, even with all 4 wheels spinning on a GTR launch, it's still scrambling forward at a great rate of knots, so the extra torque from the nitrous launch would only aid this :(

merli if you were there you would know, if you wernt there dont talk please, watch the video.

people with slow cars always try to pull the fast cars down with them tomake thmselves fell beter. not happy jan

merli if you were there you would know, if you wernt there dont talk please, watch the video.

people with slow cars always try to pull the fast cars down with them tomake thmselves fell beter. not happy jan

I did watch the video... I saw no "traction issues" with the launch :confused:

and I agree that people with slow cars always try and pull the faster people down... That applies to all aspects of life as well. But I'm not trying to pull anyone down, so I'm not sure what you're getting at?

Faaarrk... this sounds like a biyatches club!

All I can say is, well done for the time! I couldn't care who was driving, it's all about the car right? And wreckhead if you wanna risk running again and not complying with the regulations, well that's up to you... if you're happy to take that risk, and the officials practice the regulations.

Anyway, I wanted to ask yo'll about what Merli mentioned running NOS off the line?? How is this possible? Is it a small shot eg; 30hp?

Everything always has to come back to you right? Its gotta be about you?  

"I wish there wasn't safety bans, would make natural selections job a lot easier."

That is my quote, i dont see anything about killing or anything, it was tongue in cheek at best.  

You might want to get over yourself.

And you might want to get a farking clue, pal. Tongue in cheek or not it is in incredibly poor taste and i'd prefer you just shut the hell up in future.

Anyway, I wanted to ask yo'll about what Merli mentioned running NOS off the line?? How is this possible? Is it a small shot eg; 30hp?

Errr... as soon as you nail it off the line, the nitrous kicks in. Remember that nitrous gives you the same amount of power/torque @ 4000rpm as it does at 8000rpm so no waiting for turbos to spool before the power's there.

Adrian