SAU Community

'JETT' runs 10's

2rismo

Dude, as I said those circuit slicks aren't going to do the job you want!  

BFG DRs or drag slicks will however, and it's well documented what size DRs and what size drag slicks work on a GTR.

Remember the BFG gForce DRs in 17"/18" aren't what you want. You want the 15" BFG Comp TAs with nice big fat sidewalls (50/60/65 profile).

im gettting a set of 16in standard gtr wheels from bu5ter on the weekend, hopefully ill be able to get some 245 or 255 width, and 50 or 60 sidewalls. depending on what sizes bf goodrich make.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest two.06l
i have to go pic up the cage during the week, its mild steel so hopfully will be sufficiant.

the only problem is there is never enough hours in the day to get things done

who is supplying the cage and are they following the andra technical direction in its construction if so can we be given their details so we can get one too.cheers paul

correct x2. Make sure the cage is legal. ATM most of the cage makers are super busy and expensive with ppl building cars for WSID.

The guy I used is in the same complex as UAS about 4 shops back, cheapest approved cage I could find. Thats CAMS not ANDRA of course but he was doing ANDRA cars too I think.

You do not have to use Chrome Moly for your cage, but if you do then it must be tech inspected by ANDRA before painting. if you use mild steel the size required is larger than the CM equivalent.

It is true that most shops are flat out busy at the moment.

Guest two.06l
im buying a straight bolt in one, anyways if they dont accept it, ill just change the plates over and drag like my first time

seems strange to take the trouble to get a cage at all then???? why bother running the cage if you intend to flaunt the rules anyway..

flaunting rulz is run, if they dont accept the cage then why should i spend another 2gs on a cage and more fuel just to race, changing the plates costs me hardly anything, i might not run another 10 ever again, so im not sure if its worth it.

I hope you get it on camera when your front diff/transfer case/gearbox munches it three-quarter track and you plow into a wall. :(

Stupid safety regulations, you would think they just want to weigh you down so you run a slower time!

Mate, I think you need to take the safety rules a fair bit more seriously. Not that running a non-ANDRA approved cage will cause you to crash but more that an attitude that ignores these saftey regs could.

And Doughboy, "...and you plow into a wall." isn't really an image any of us want. You made your point but I don't think that's the best way to do it.

Adrian

Oh sorry, I should have worded it "sneaks up and kisses the wall delicately". It's sad but only a graphic image is going to make people think about what could happen, especially in high speed motorsport. What about catapulting the car if the tailshaft snapped near the gearbox, or the transfer case/diff(s) locking up and make the car slide into the competitors lane and push that into a wall, or a flywheel exploding and loosing your feet etc. etc.

The rules are there for a reason, not to generate income in a cottage industry or to slow people down. Sometime you have to wonder what the consequences could be....

i already know what the consequences are, ive been around racing a long time, ive seen what can happen, i know rules and regs are there for peoples safety, but after i get a lower 10 i think ill give racing a miss for a while.