SAU Community

Nissan skyline v35 overheating?

Nissan skyline v35 overheating?

Hey guys, one day I was driving my Nissan skyline v35 2004 model, when suddenly my car started overheating, I pulled over and went to see what was wrong with it because the temperature gauge was on hot, I opened up my hood and saw that the car was leaking coolent from the radiator. I thought that was the problem so I decided to buy a new radiator, installed it and it was still overheating but a lot less than before. I was also told that it could have been my thermostat, so I decided to order a new thermostat and install it and it was still overheating. I also bought a new temperature sensor and installed that aswell, I went for a test drive and the temperature was staying on normal for abit but eventually the temperature gauge started rising to hot, it stops at a certain point and then it drops and starts rising again to high. I don't think it's a blown head gasket as my car has no symptoms of a blown head gasket besides overheating, the engine light is also still on. Does anyone know what the problem could be, if you guys could let me know I'd appreciate it 

Edited by Denis09

Problem originally was leaking coolant - now it may be that it needs more bleeding to get all of the air out of the system. Is the engine light on all the time or only when it gets hot? How  many km has your car done?

What do you mean 'engine light is STILL on'?  Was it on before the first overheating incident?  or has it only appeared since?  it is unlikely the CEL is related to the overheating, chances are you have left a connector off, or damaged a sensor while fitting the radiator/thermostat.  you probably need to get the ECU error codes read to find out what the fault is there.

As for the overheating, as above, i suspect you haven't properly bled the system of air.

might need to reset the ecu and see if it comes back after you have fixed the problem.

You might have air in the cooling system. That could be why the temp goes up then comes down again

• 2 months later...

I just replaced the thermo fan motors in my car. I paid $250 for  OEM used and tested units (each). New OEM fan motors are a lot more. $$$ A hell of a lot more!

Q? Are the non genuine units any good? $175.

Q? Has anyone done a complete aftermarket set up. If so, how does it work regarding the ECU?

Edited by ZX350
Added a Q?

• 2 weeks later...

hey dude same thing happened to me kind of.. the radiator was cracked.. had to get it replaced. i got mine from ebay for like $150 which was nearly double the size of the stock one. it was a bitch to get in but it fixed the problem. car runs much better now 

• Like 1

• 3 years later...

open the bleeder on the driver side toward the back of the engine, slowly fill the system to allow the air time to escape.  Whenever I have changed the coolant, once full, I close the bleeder and put the cap back on then squeeze the top radiator hose a few times (not too hard), it moves the coolant back and forth through the system a bit and helps any trapped air escape to the top, then refill and repeat a few times.

I have never had an issue with temp problems post coolant change.

• Thanks 1