SAU Community

V36 air intakes

V36 air intakes

I know many post about air intakes have been made but I couldn't find the answer I wanted . 

Here goes , I have the vq35hr engine and I want to get dual air intakes with Australian standards .  

I know the best options will be either the kn or stillen . But The money is a bit of an issue and I don't know if it's with all this import . ( tried to find some from wreckers or from Australia with no luck ) so I came up to this one 

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/311737353681

the seller said the sensor may not fit my engine as this item is for the g37 so I am asking will this do the trick ? ( later I will get the pods of k&n and some carbon enclosure ) 

so is this gona fit ? 

Thanks in advance . 

just because it has such a cheap price it might be a bit tricky getting everything to fit.

Best to save up the extra 400 dollars and get something better that will fit. Or if you like to custom stuff then take the time and make it work. You would then be saving moving, just spending more time.

Australian Standards? do you mean road legal?

I assume that you are doing this for the look and the sound of a pod, as I under the impression that the stock dual intakes can flow enough air to support a reasonable level of engine mods.

Also worth being a little careful of oiled filters and the air sensors... They have been known to get upset if coated in oil...

• Like 1

Yes I am after more of the sound and looks. If there is a bit of performance I would welcome it . 

Yes by standards I mean the enclosure of the pods . I found some carbon boxes etc . 

Anyone knows where I can find them here in Australia in reasonable prices ? As whenever I have quoted and asked I only found 1000+ . 

I want to get the stillen but with all the imports and stuff goes to big bucks . So as I see it with some limited knowledge I have in this as long as I get the metal tubes and can fit the sensor there I can get any pod filter which are cheap and then an enclosure . 

I will try to get air filters without oil coating I am more after the tubes . 

Also u think this is any good and fit ? As I still don't know if g37 will fit mine . 

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/152153946670

Apologies if this comes across rude but if money is an issue, why waste it on silly pods? You won't gain anything useable from it in power, and your car becomes susceptible to defects notices. I would suggest save it and spend it on something you are going to get benefit from. Like sway bars or similar. For the same money your talking about you can transform a car if you spend it smartly.