SAU Community

CTS-V calipers

CTS-V calipers

Hey all,

Heard quite a bit about folks swapping CTS-V 6-pot calipers into their S13s for a stupidly low price but am yet to hear of anyone doing it to a Skyline. I was interested in some 4-pots for my GT so hit up a guy who does custom adaptors for the S and Z chassis (http://www.ctsvbrakeswap.com/nissan/), he claims the S13 style adaptors should fit the non-GTR model R34s at least. Anybody got any more info on this type of swap/heard about anyone who's done it?

Cheers

It would seem silly to have to buy both adapters and the calipers that they suit from the US, no?  Or are these Cadillac calipers the same as some Holden/HSV ones?

Easier, there are Sumitomo 4-pot calipers that will just fall onto your car, at 310mm.

GTSBoy, yeah apparently they're the same as the SS Redline's calipers we get here, though for whatever reason the prices don't quite seem to match up between the two.
iruvyouskyline, I did take a look at that thread, it being the only one on SAU to actually touch on the topic. Unfortunately nobody on that thread ever seemed to reach a definitive answer as to whether or not the calipers could be easily applied to our Skylines. Being a GT owner especially, nobody really bothers too much with my model, with good reason honestly. So I was mostly interested in the accuracy of the guy's statement when he said their S13 adaptors could be used on my GT. If not, f**k it, I'll grab a set of 4 pots from a 33 or something and save myself some headache. Just thought with the CTS-V's being newer and in a lot of ways cheaper it'd be worth bringing attention to.

GTT brakes have 14mm bolts.  Do the 34NA brakes also use 14?  Or are they 12 like the earlier cars?  If 12 then I can't see any reason why you couldn't use any brake part intended for R32/3 or S13/4/5.  They're all basically the same dog at the hub level, number of wheel studs and different original rotor thicknesses notwithstanding.

I've heard conflicting things, some people say 12, some say 14, others say the series 1 models had 12 while the series 2 had 14. Again, probably why nobody really bothers with these cars, way more info on the turbo models. I was reading a post about some guy fitting G35 calipers to his GT saying he had to drill the bolts out from 12 to 14 though so I'd say it's a safe bet they're 12mm. With the disks being considerably larger, would I have to flatten out the surrounding rim to accommodate the increase in width?

Yeah sorry that is what I was talking about, cheers. So assuming I can confirm that the GT has 12mm bolts I might actually go ahead with this in the near future, I'll be sure to keep yall posted on the results. Cheers for the help fellas.