SAU Community

R34 GTR MFD - Throttle Percentage Unstable/Erratic

R34 GTR MFD - Throttle Percentage Unstable/Erratic

Hey Guys,

I have noticed during the last few weeks that the MFD throttle percentage display has been noticeably erratic in which the readout is jumping +/- 3 or so percent (flashing almost) while the throttle is steady. I replaced the TPS and the problem continues. While the car is not running but in 'On'/'Accessory' Mode the readout is smooth and steady with no fluctuations at all. Does anyone know of a fix/solution?

Any help is appreciated, Cheers

Nick.

Edited by NAB 8

What happens at full throttle? Can you look with the car off (as less vibration etc so less chance your foot is moving small amounts)?

What is your battery voltage like?

3 minutes ago, 89CAL said:

What happens at full throttle? Can you look with the car off (as less vibration etc so less chance your foot is moving small amounts)?

What is your battery voltage like?

At full throttle (while driving) the MFD percentage readout still jumps from (100%-99%-100%-98%-99%-97%-100%) very rapidly. With the car off but in 'Accessory mode' the readout on the MFD is very smooth without any kind of jumping or hiccups and is very accurate to the position of the throttle. I did notice that when I am measuring the voltage of the TPS, it drops significantly when I start the car which tends to trigger the '4WD/a-lsd' error lights on the dash so for the moment I have set the TPS voltage higher than the 0.5V (closed throttle) recommended. The Battery voltage on startup is around 13.6V which I think is low compared to what I normally see which is at least 14.2V.

• 2 years later...
On 21/04/2017 at 4:20 PM, NAB 8 said:

At full throttle (while driving) the MFD percentage readout still jumps from (100%-99%-100%-98%-99%-97%-100%) very rapidly. With the car off but in 'Accessory mode' the readout on the MFD is very smooth without any kind of jumping or hiccups and is very accurate to the position of the throttle. I did notice that when I am measuring the voltage of the TPS, it drops significantly when I start the car which tends to trigger the '4WD/a-lsd' error lights on the dash so for the moment I have set the TPS voltage higher than the 0.5V (closed throttle) recommended. The Battery voltage on startup is around 13.6V which I think is low compared to what I normally see which is at least 14.2V.

Did you ever find a fix for this?