SAU Community

Need some advice please about coil packs for skyline r33 series 2 rb 25det

Hi guys

My car got a bad starting every morning nd find that it's coil packs is week nd some of them are sparking underneath so gotta change them but got confused which one is better

.1 remenufectured from eBay $300 (set of6)

2. New genuine Nissan from eBay $900 (set of 6)

.3 genuine Nissan by mechanic $1300 he quit

4. Just cheap eBay about $250 or something no brand

It's huge difference between online eBay nd according to mechanic for the same coil pack (genuine Nissan) why ?

One more question. Are they easy to install or should I go to qualify mechanic?

Mechanic said if you gonna buy then no guarantee but he will do then 20000 km guarantee

Any advise would be appropriate thanks

Just buy some splitfires from Just Jap. Around 600 ish from memory and they are a reputable seller who give warranty. You can fit them yourself, it's a fairly basic task. Stay away from remanufactured and cheap eBay crap and also the not so cheap yellow ones. OEM or splitfires are the common reliable choices.

• Like 2

Just buy some splitfires from Just Jap. Around 600 ish from memory and they are a reputable seller who give warranty. You can fit them yourself, it's a fairly basic task. Stay away from remanufactured and cheap eBay crap and also the not so cheap yellow ones. OEM or splitfires are the common reliable choices.

Hi mate just wondering do I have to change the module at top for splitfire or they r same as factory one ? They come out 3 of them together as per my knowledge. It's series 2 Rv 25 det

Hi mate just wondering do I have to change the module at top for splitfire or they r same as factory one ? They come out 3 of them together as per my knowledge. It's series 2 Rv 25 det

They are direct replacement. Just make sure you get the right ones for your model. They come out individually as well. There should be 2 small bolts holding each 1 in. Where are you located mate?

My only advise is don't skimp.. I setup a car last week (preparing it for the dyno) and the owner had a popular-failing brand of coils which he brought new. Guess what? he now has spent more money on Splitfires to resolve his issues.

His colourful coilpacks nearly shorted his ECU too when 1x of the coilpacks decided to short essentially creating a bridge between +ve & -ve.