SAU Community

Dbw options

Looking at converting to a drive by wire setup on my rb2530 with ffp. Was looking at either a 350z tb and pedal or be commodore tb and pedal. Looking for feedback on anyone who has done the conversion

I'm going the Commodore route at the moment. Seems to be pretty straight forward but the plug for the TB is a bitch to find. I'm running a Plazmaman plenum with a custom adapter for the TB and a custom pedal mount (got Tilton brake and clutch so I needed to line then up anyway)

I'm going DBW for throttle blipping and smoother traction control, the Motec traction can be a bit harsh I find with ignition cut.

I am yet to fire it up so I don't have any real world experience for you, but I'm loving no idle control and throttle cable in the engine bay.

Edited by Komdotkom

I'm running a 350z pedal and a LS2 throttle.

The 350z pedal bolts straight in so it's a no brainer and the plug is the same as a Toyota stepper motor (NZEFI sell them), the other good thing is the pedal bar is metal so you can change the angle etc by bending it to suit.

I think the LS2 throttle is a little too big and makes it a little touchy and hard to get the feeling linear, I'm looking at putting the 6-throttles back on and running a BMW M3 throttle motor to drive them. 

IMG_3595.JPG

• Like 2