SAU Community

Anyone who goes to LaTrobe Uni here

JiVE

Put our wiper war differneces aside for a moment but I need your help guys...

I am required to choose 30 credit points worth of 'any' subject in the entire uni this semester to complete my 2nd year requirement, and basically I have no idea where to start so if any of you guys could suggest a few subjects at 2nd year level 2nd semester that are either really damn easy, full of chics, or just interesting enough to keep me awake I would appreciate it.

too easy...

EST21ECC no final exam, 3 essays and 1 class per week that 2 hours long. That's it.

I'm doin MKT22MPP this semester, marketing subject, again a no brainer. But it has exams n shit.

I have a whole heap of CBF subjects all second yr as well coz I have 2nd yr electives to do... We should meet up and scour the course guide books.

Nursing/behavioural science is always full of chicks :rolleyes: or basically any subject that is held in the George Singer Building.

A mate last semester was in the same situation and did some arts subject (I'll find out the code) that required 1 2hr lecture and 1 2000 word essay. Also, the penalty for handing in late is 2% per day!! You could hand it in almost a month late and still pass... Its just not right... No wonder an Arts degree will only qualify people for the dole.

I got credit for COM, :) even better

I'll have a look into MPP Shan, right now im looking at HIS22NGE "Nazi Germany and the Invasion of Europe" haha sounds like fun. It got an exam though, but only 20% man I can't get over how some of these subjects can be worth 20points compared to the hard as CSE stuff thats only 10!

Do they have a 'Life Drawing' subject here? you know the one i mean, haha :D

halz, anysubject that has a pre-req like that you can just go see the head tutor/course supervisor and they sign a little thing that lets you get in, more than often these subjects are below their quota anyhow.

What 22 subjects are you doing this semester shan?

I started in '99 so not all of the subjects are the same now. I haven't done ODE - have done all of the other electives listed though. CSS is a new subject on me, I think MAL would probably be the equivalent that I did.

I found AI quite interesting. Its basically lisp programming which is completely different from most other languages -- i think they actually use 'scheme'. Its really cool actually but most people at the time didn't like it :)

Some examples here if your curious: http://grimpeur.tamu.edu/~colin/lp/

EDIT: MAL was a bit of a ball breaker if you haven't done assembly before.. :D

Oh and I am CompSci too.. started off doing CSE in the beginning but the 3hr electronic labs were too much like torture to me :)

AI was a piece of piss.

MAL is a dirty, dirty 2c smack whore. God I hated MAL!

ODE is pretty easy. All you have to remember is that its not a programming subject, its a software development subject. When doing the assignment, heaps of people put together some awesome programs but still failed coz they left out the design side. Designing software on paper is easy coz its really just a measure of common sense.

Yeh CSS = MAL + some other weird shit thrown in there taken when they scraped ADC.

Yeh they are updating everything as I progress through the course

ODE & AI are both in Java now.

Also did you wipe me today riggaP? cause someone did.

AI was mad because I already knew how to program in Haskell, so that made functional programming dead easy.

Today I went to my first Film Appreciation class, where we watched gladiator and then discussed it for half an hour... hehe... major assessments.... an essay... prereq's... NONE... 2nd yr subject