SAU Community

Car accident infomation.

Car accident infomation.

Hi guys I'm trying to find Information regarding this matter but seem to be having no luck on getting a definite answer. 

I wanted to ask if you get into a car accident and you're at fault and you pay for their repairs out of your own pocket but they have notified their insurance company regarding the accident does this still go on your record ? regardless whether you are or you are not paying for their repairs without them having to make a claim against you ? or does it only go on your record when they make a claim against you ? it's all super confusing. 

Only reply if you're 100% sure on this topic, I don't want to get mixed or wrong Information. 

Cheers. 

Edited by Kei_ayanami

To what "record" are you referring? I was unaware of some sort of database tracking your involvement in accidents other than police reports when filed, or your own insurance company when you make a claim

When you sign up for new insurance or a quote they only ask if you've had any licence suspensions/disqualifications and how many at fault claims you've made in the last 5 years. If your licence is clean and you haven't made a claim then I wouldn't worry about it affecting your insurance.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

That's what I was referring to when you make a claim with your own insurance company and it gets logged.

However, in this age of online quoting, unless recent claims (a common form/algorithm question) prevent you from starting a policy online, your insurance premiums are not likely to be affected otherwise.