SAU Community

r33 coilovers

Mick

hey i have an r33 gtst series 2, i have tein hr coilovers on it at the moment but the misses is complaining how ruff the ride is so i need to go back to stock suspension, i just wana know if there is any difference in series 1 and 2 gtst stock suspension, and what about if the suspension is out if a non turbo r33. I just want a cheap set of non height adjustable stock or aftermarket coilovers that maybe have slightly lower springs on them, the main thing is it has to be smooth like the stock suspension is. So does anyone know of any differences that i need to know about when im looking to find a set, and does anyone here maybe have a set they wana get rid of.

And while i am asking coilover questions i do have another question about the tein coilovers that i have in it now, they work perfect but one of them seems to be noisy but doesnt affect its performance though, its like i can hear it squishing up and down, and a front one is also doing it a little as well, there is no oil or anything coming out if them and they work perfect its just some have developed a noise, maybe it just simply needs a clean or service or lube in the right spot i dont know, but i would like your opinions cos i wont have any need dor them after i put a new set in so i will probably sell them or try swap them for a stock set

nah im after a cheap set of stock coilovers, preferably with slightly lowered springs but not necessarily, i would rather pick them up so im looking for some in victoria

i really wana buy some as soon as possible before i lose my motivation to buy and install them, if anyone has a set in victoria pls let me know as soon as possible, and if anyone knows any shops in victoria that might have a cheap secondhand set pls let me know, the closer to ballarat the better

Aftermarket coilovers are illegal so most people will keep their stock suspension just in case they need to get a roadworthy certificate. Even so, most sets of stock suspension will be flogged due to age.

My friend has bilstein (either b6 or b8) shocks and whiteline lowered springs in his R33 gtst. Super comfortable and excellent handling with not much body roll. And they are also legal. I would try to get something like this if i were you.

yeah my tein height adjustable ones passed roadworthy a few times and they didnt say anything about them, but i was just after a cheap set of stock ones right now, already shelled out a heap on doing timing belt and replacing an exhaust manifold that had broken in half, so cheaper the better

true GTSboy, but wouldn't hurt to keep an eye out for 2nd hand set for a good price.

Mick I think it depends where you get the roadworthy but usually it's not legal. You're gonna have to be patient if you want a good stock set. Keep in mind that your car will feel like a boat, i had to go back to stock suspension temporarily and it made the car feel horrible. Good for launches though.