• Welcome to SAU Community

Welcome to SAU Community, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of SAU Community by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
    • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
    • Get your own profile page, build reputation and make new friends
    • Send personal messages to other members.
    • See fewer ads!

Consider joining our newsletter for the latest content updates

Click here to register

marni    8

Hey guys,

Has anyone blown the oil pump?

what symptoms came up?

really want to know, if someone could be bothered replying that would be great

thank you 

Marni

hardsteppa    420

No. But i am assuming immediate loss of oil pressure and shortly after, engine destruction.

Or are you more referring to a concern like relief valve leaking?

marni    8
  • Topic Author
  • 2 hours ago, hardsteppa said:

No. But i am assuming immediate loss of oil pressure and shortly after, engine destruction.

Or are you more referring to a concern like relief valve leaking?

I put a Nissan VRS kit through it, started leaking oil from both front cam shaft seals, rear main is leaking slightly (I took the motor and box back out yesterday) and the turbo seal is f**ked on the exhaust side 

wondering if relative 

thanks for replying 

hardsteppa    420

Ahh ok so pump still working but you're thinking no longer regulating oil pressure and it's wayyy too high, like relief valve seized? While its not great, the stock oilpressure dash gauge should be accurate enough to tell you if thats happened.

marni    8
  • Topic Author
  • Ah it’s too late now

but it looks like a slide in the oil pump was jammed right where the spring and bolt are 

it’s f**ked the lot now

the biggest lesson I’ve learnt during this build is, everyone offers opinions, you go with it because they are “mechanics” I was outnumbered now I’ve caused thousands of dollars in damage, on new parts because I didn’t listen to my instinct and now I’ve gotta fork it out to fix it 

everyone pretty much now is like I told u so which is what f**ks me off the most 

I’m 5000 steps behind where I started 

so take responsibility for your own shit and you won’t end up like me, don’t try and let people tell u how to do your shit, if u make the decision stick to it, I would’ve been better off if i did 

V8 boys know f**king nothing about turbos at all 

hardsteppa    420

bad news, sorry to hear that..

but yeah the idea is, listen to people, filter what they say, decide whether it's worth taking on board or not. Have had that a few times on here; ppl like 'why'd you ask if you're just going to do what you want anyway??/"

cos you didn't make a rational or convincing enough argument....so it was dismissed.