SAU Community

Hey guys,

Has anyone blown the oil pump?

what symptoms came up?

really want to know, if someone could be bothered replying that would be great

thank you 

Marni

2 hours ago, hardsteppa said:

No. But i am assuming immediate loss of oil pressure and shortly after, engine destruction.

Or are you more referring to a concern like relief valve leaking?

I put a Nissan VRS kit through it, started leaking oil from both front cam shaft seals, rear main is leaking slightly (I took the motor and box back out yesterday) and the turbo seal is f**ked on the exhaust side 

wondering if relative 

thanks for replying 

Ahh ok so pump still working but you're thinking no longer regulating oil pressure and it's wayyy too high, like relief valve seized? While its not great, the stock oilpressure dash gauge should be accurate enough to tell you if thats happened.

Ah it’s too late now

but it looks like a slide in the oil pump was jammed right where the spring and bolt are 

it’s f**ked the lot now

the biggest lesson I’ve learnt during this build is, everyone offers opinions, you go with it because they are “mechanics” I was outnumbered now I’ve caused thousands of dollars in damage, on new parts because I didn’t listen to my instinct and now I’ve gotta fork it out to fix it 

everyone pretty much now is like I told u so which is what f**ks me off the most 

I’m 5000 steps behind where I started 

so take responsibility for your own shit and you won’t end up like me, don’t try and let people tell u how to do your shit, if u make the decision stick to it, I would’ve been better off if i did 

V8 boys know f**king nothing about turbos at all 

bad news, sorry to hear that..

but yeah the idea is, listen to people, filter what they say, decide whether it's worth taking on board or not. Have had that a few times on here; ppl like 'why'd you ask if you're just going to do what you want anyway??/"

cos you didn't make a rational or convincing enough argument....so it was dismissed.

• 2 weeks later...

Yep that’s it 

the slide was jammed 

I got lucky though and got another head and block off someone who not long got it off a mechanic who was working on it for a customer that couldn’t pay 

big machine works been done on it so I’ve gotta cut my losses on the other one 

gonna be to expensive to fix now 

Might as well build the motor :)

OR do a cheapy reliable rebuild with RB25DET NEO pistons & rods. Just slap in new bearings, new rod bolts, and a set of billet oil pump gears.

Motor would be great for 400kW day in and out!

If you're keen, I have left over seals and stuff plus a full set of pistons, rods, head bolts, bits & bobs here and there that you can take for $200.