SAU Community

2015 WRX STI

The ECUTEK has RACEROM, the rev match is enabled (I am really bad at heel toe) this does it for you.

Also has flat foot shifting enabled ( ECUTEK uses both fuel cut and ignition retard working together), if it was just fuel cut I wouldnt use it, I like my pistons, if it was just ignition I wouldn't use it as I like my turbo.

It has launch control, but this feature has never been enabled.

I may be interested in a mint original AUD S15 with cash my way.

Minor mods are good but......

Disclaimer: No pi gs, no respays, no 400hp fully dayglow spec with body kits, no prior accident repairs.

I will have it checked out with a fine tooth comb.

I have been looking around lately at S15's, I want a good one though, and by good I mean mint, the better the car the less cash my way.

Example: I missed out one 2 years ago, it had 4k original km on it and it sold for 28k.

Both cars will end up at a local shop for inspection, Pulse Racing is close to me.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 5/14/2018 at 2:25 PM, The Panda said:

If you are looking for a p-plater fun weekend car - I have an AP1 S2000... 4.44 diff and some other fun stuff. I need a more work appropriate car :(

Shoot me a email with some more info and pics mate. How much do you think the S2000 is worth realistically.

On 5/14/2018 at 2:25 PM, The Panda said:

If you are looking for a p-plater fun weekend car - I have an AP1 S2000... 4.44 diff and some other fun stuff. I need a more work appropriate car

Thanks for the email

Your car looks sweet but sadly not what I am after.

I wish you luck with your sale.

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 6/28/2018 at 10:03 AM, JGTC said:

Keen to hear your thoughts on the 86, coming from the STI, by the looks you got the limited ed. ver with the brembos, sachs and updated diff? 

Really liking these at the moment, just finding it hard to find $30K from the back of the sofa.

So far so good, I replaced the Michelins with some RS4's today, should be good once they are scrubbed in, I had some RS3's on my MX5 and liked them alot.

In the couple of days I've had it I'm loving it, even with the crappy Michelins it was a hoot, it's good to be back in a light(ish) RWD platform.

Power wise it wouldn't pull the skin of custard, but that not the point of it, or why I got it.

Wringing its neck, throwing it into a corner, playing with some oversteer is so much fun.

I also grabbed a cat back for it, a XForce 2.5" jobbie, sounds alot better, well you can hear it now anyway, with the stock cat back I couldn't even hear the exhaust, I estimate the power increase from the cat back is an astonishing 0%.

So, for future mods, some alignment bolts from whiteline are on the cards, stock camber adjustments are non existent, apart from toe, stock camber is 0.0 deg, I'm going to hammer some corners and see what the tyres are saying and dial some in from there.

Cheers

• Like 1

On 7/3/2018 at 9:31 AM, JGTC said:

Awesome, good to hear Mark, i totally agree with you on that simple layout is best as i get older, more fun at less speed with less to go wrong.

Camber bolts only gave me -0.5 with them maxed out, rears are -1.3 L and 0.97 R (not adjustable).

I'll try some 14mm lower camber bolts for the front and see where that puts it, if all else fails I will grab some strut tops as well, I will grab some adjustable arms for the rear.