SAU Community

R32 GTR rear subframe bushings

Hey guys I have a few questions as my sub-frame bushings don't have any clear instructions on what they want done with the caps.

I've found a few pictures of other members installing there's but a few guys did it different.

The rear I've seen installed 2 ways. 1) With a large cap on the very top and the small cap on the bottom. and 2) with only the small cap on the bottom. Can anyone please confirm how they installed theres?

received_10212773122615631_resized.jpeg

Or like this with a cap on the top and a cap on the bottom.

xpost-12712-1175946848.jpg.pagespeed_ic.M3L7kC6BNk.thumb.jpg.d45f0192352795c49e8bc4428297d2c1.jpg

This is the front bushings (Closest to the engine bay) Do you simply install a large cap between the brace and the bushing cap? (Note this isn't tightened down thats why its not straight)

received_10212773133415901_resized.jpeg

Edited by GarettH

Are you talking about the actual subframe bushes (which are large, metal clad rubber things that need to be pressed in and out of the sockets in the subframe) or are you talking about some sort of pineapple rings that go on in addition to the bushes?  I ask, because what I see in your first photo appears to be pineapple rings, and your second photo appears to be "as Nissan intended" - ie, without pineapple rings, albeit the blue colour inside suggests that they're not factory type bushes.

Are you talking about the actual subframe bushes (which are large, metal clad rubber things that need to be pressed in and out of the sockets in the subframe) or are you talking about some sort of pineapple rings that go on in addition to the bushes?  I ask, because what I see in your first photo appears to be pineapple rings, and your second photo appears to be "as Nissan intended" - ie, without pineapple rings, albeit the blue colour inside suggests that they're not factory type bushes.
I'm talking about the actual Nissan intended bushings not pineapples. The metal cups that squish the bushing were used on factory and I can't find if I'm suppose to use them on new bushing's.

Nissan bushings do not look like those big fat black things in your first photo.  A stock Nissan setup looks like the 2nd photo, with what looks like gaps, and those cups hanging about in the open.  If your bushes don't look like Nissan original, and appear to have integrated pineapple rings, then all bets are off when it comes to advice, unless someone here has used that type of bush before.  Where did you get them?  What manufacturer are they?

When using aftermarket bushes they all require different things to be done with the top caps, some need them removed and some need them reinstalled on top where Nissan put them in the first place, that 3rd photo is just straight out wrong