SAU Community

LS1 / SKYLINE Dyno Day Results

BRUTE

I'd like to thank all that attended well done guys :D

Thanks to Mark Tilbrook for the use of the Dyno, Martin for running the dyno and Brains :mad:

Thanks Mat for the BBQ and the Girls for cooking it :P

ok here's the Results

1. - GOKU - HSV VX CLUBBY A4 - 304 rwkw

2. - BLO-305 - HSV VX GTS - 286 rwkw

3. - Street Tuner - Soarer - 281.3 rwkw

4. - SPOOLIN - R33 GTS-T - 281 rwkw

5. - BRUTE - VU SS Ute A4 - 245 rwkw

6. - whatsisname - R33 GTS 25T - 244.6 rwkw

7. - SS 0350 - VU SS Ute M6 - 235 rwkw

8. - V8BRUTE - VU SS Ute A4 - 221.5rwkw

9. - AQICSS - VT 2 SS M6 - 221 rwkw

10. - SydSS - VT SS A4 - 215 rwkw

11. - Redline - VT 2 SS M6 - 211 rwkw

12. - Bugalugs - R33 GTS - 204 rwkw

13. - astorm - VU 2 SS M6 - 201 rwkw

14. - BOBGEN111 - VT 2 - 200 rwkw

15. - grepin - R33 GTS-T - 200 rwkw

16. - rob vu ss ute - VU 2 SS M6 - 196 rwkw

17. - hyper 8 - VX 2 SS M6 - 184 rwkw

18. - MattR - R32 GTS-T - 166 rwkw

19. - Nightcrawler - 200SX S-SPEC - 166 rwkw

20. - diggity - R32 GTS-T - 160 rwkw

21. - Chris32 - R32 GTS-T - 153 rwkw

22. - GTR King - TORANA GTR LC - 125 rwkw

23. - r32gts-4 - R32 GTS-4 - 108 rwkw

24. - Doglet - R32 GTS-T - 106 rwkw

Thanks Rohan, Haz & Tammy, Eric & Troy for making the trip over from Vic. :(

:D

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for organising the day mate - it was a good one!

Maybe, (in order to make Brad and my results MUCH better), you should find out the dry weight of each car and post the power to weight ratio alongside :P .... hmmmm I think my 1240kg weight is to my advantage :mad:

Thanks again - next gotta organise a track/drag meet so we can do some real world stuff :D .... maybe out Mallala or AIR direction?

Cheers

Andrew

What an excellent day all round :D

Big thanks to all involved :mad::P Henry (Brute), Mat (Redline), Martin, Mark, Brains, the Vic lads & lasses, & anyone else I've left out?

Good to put a few names to faces too :D

Just a few of my personal standout fav's:

SPOOLIN (Lee) - Going from 219rwkw to 281rwkw by swapping a few "slightly restrictive" (HUGE UNDERSTATEMENT!) pipes.

BLO-305 (Mark - I think?) - 286rwkw without a blower, turbo or nitrous in sight! And one awesome idle!

Street Tuner (Martin) - 281.3rwkw on stock 1JZGTE turbos (not much else is stock though!) @ 1.2bar their days are numbered :(

GOKU (Haz & Tammy) - 304rwkw Nuff' said!

Bugalugs (Matt) - 204rwkw with the bare essentials (v/good FMIC set-up, xtra boost, pod & exhaust) The car is a freak Matt! No obvious ECU mod's X Japan yet spot on A/FR's of 12.2:1 up top!

My car weighs 1272 kg and 125 rwkw. Good for mid 12s as my old engine i did 12.7 @ 108 was an older crappy engine so in theory should be faster quarter miles now. I doubt i will be running my car at the drags for a while as i cant afford the Drag Tyres to run it as i wanna start saving for a skyline and top the power figures on the dyno HE HE "Wishfull Thinking" I was gonna supercharge my Torana for around 300rwkw but as most of u guys know i cant even keep it straight with only 125 rwkw so i think its time for a skyline and crank that right up. My Torana i set a goal to rech 12 second times and now have dont that so i think its time for a new project. I more than likely will keep it but if i wanna get some serious power out of the skyline i will buy posibly might sell it and put all the money into new car. Then Andrew all youl see is my tail lights EHHE. So Andrew with the excess power your car has over mine and the weight difference my car goes pretty hard ehy. Must be my driving and setup skills that contribute. Still looking forward to do some more cruising with u guys soon.

"when the green flag drops the Bullsh1t stops"

Bradley

I might have to wind those stock Soarer turbos up to 1.4 bar and put another 20,000km on em just to teach you a lesson! I really didnt expect to outpower you guys with stock turbos, and some bolt on mods. Must be all in the tuning. Pity no powerful Skylines turned up. Would have been good. Whole day was hard work!

sounds like it was a good day :D

sheesh, no wonder its so hard to keep up with these guys :eek1:

GFXman

PS: oh by the way, JAFFA gone done for drag racing with Joel friday night :(

Fined for "Making excessive noise" :)

tut, tut ... should know better (the set of lights heading towards the city after the round-about in front of Holdfast Shores)

Originally posted by GTR King

an any one tell me the formula for working out power to weight ratio? just so we can compare V.E. results

I found this on the web:

How is the power to weight ratio calculated?

To calculate the power to weight ratio, the number of kw of power is divided by the total weight in kg. The result is multiplied by 1000 to convert to kw per tonne.

EG:

244rwkw / 1250kg

=0.1952

0.1952 x 1000

= 195.2 kw per tonne

I assume that's correct :)

sorry i didn't rock up ppls.

Last minute my old man said he's buying a boat and wanted me to have a look see. Lots of knee boarding coming up..

Its a Signature 550. with a 130hp 2 stroke yamaha..

And not to forget that snapper i want. :D

---

Anyway.. BUGS!! You freak...

Bastard.. 204rwkw hrmm how much boost?????

Have u had it tuned or timing done or anything?!??!

U wont be needing that fuel pressure bleed then i guess.

damn...

---

Matt u'd be happy with an extra 10rwkw on top of your 236rwkw.. :(

---

Yer.. That really sucked GFXMAN.. Where did they come from....

I think they were sitting in the Bottle O'....

Bastards.. The screech of his wheels was quite loud but...

First it was me burning my clutch/ with lots of wheel spin/axle tramp causing first to pop out as my hand was resting on the shifter (looked down to see rev limiter on 7500rpm) then the second time he spun up and got done :)

How did he go in second?? i couldn't really see..

---

GTR King

My GTS-T Apparently weighs 1280. Similiar weight.

So what does the GTR Run 1/4 with say a decent set of 225's on.

I remember TIm @ RPM when he had is R33 he had it down the drags when it was making 171rwkw, he was running semi-slicks and said that he would have been in the 12's IF it was a 1/4 i think he said it was 1/6 of a mile or somthing.. Not really sure on the drag racing scene..

---

MattR.

I noticed that u pulled 166rwkw.. What have u had done?

I can't remember was it u that had the ecu remap?

Well Joel.

I have never run it with street tyres as it would be to dangerous for me. Even with M@H street slicks it still spun the wheels and headed for the wall every run. Best time with my 120 kw old moter was 12.726@108MPH. Fresh motor has 125 now so in theory with prob go 12.6 or 12.5. The tyres i run were 2356014 and have a diameter of around 26 inch. They r essential for good times. I would GUESS if i run street tyres it would prob run around 13.5 @ 100 mph. Dont forget i have a 9 inch diff with 4.56 LSD wich make for a short first gear, prob shorter than a skyline ratio, aslo bear in mind its an auto with a 5000 stall convertor. im sure it would do mid 12s with new Drag tyres as mine were getting crusty from my top gear burnouts. " But didnt the crowd love it" Im giving up on the drags at AIR for now and concentrating on buying a skyline and getting around 300-350rwkw at least hoping for flat 11 second times, but its only gonna be a street car for my pleasure and cruising with u guys. Dont get me wrong about my 1970 car but i want the luxury , erganomics and all the mod cons and still be able to go fast without breaking ppls windows when i floor it. Might be a year or so until i can afford it but im sure it will be worth it :]

This picture was from "Fan Apreciation day" and had a passenger who won a ride with me cause im a good sport. Car run 13.0@100mph with a blown inlet manifold gasket at 34 track.

He loved it :]

GTR2.jpg?bcmHO09ALNweBuax

Oh your mates car he was talking about 14 mile as 18 mile half the distance my car done in 8.0@90 MPH

I'm not doubting you but i really find it hard to get my head around 120rwkw pulling a high 12sec run.. :)

NO offence but..

I would really like to know your 60ft times as it makes a hell of a difference.

But then i think but u have the trap speed as well.

I remember when whatsisname ran his which was making 216rwkw he ran a trap speed of 108mph i think it was?!?

and 2.1 60ft.

That cam must come on harder than most turbos thats all i can say :D

Hi lads,first time on the net for a while but i had to get on and see the full results.

I have to say the LS1 .com guys have got there sh*t together and are a very organised group and great ppl to talk to.Thanks to all the organisers and Tilbrooks for the great day.

Its great to meet more ppl from the forums.

I went to bed at 2.30am friday night and up again 6am sat morning trying to fit the FMIC into the car and didnt think i was going to make it.I was driving up to the dyno hoping for atleast a 170kw run considering the mild mods but when it did a 204 i just couldnt believe it.

Joel-I still havnt had any tuning done to the car at all.I ran 12psi of boost and that was it.

Clint-Sorry i havnt been in contact but when i was on holidays i thought i would have a go at putting the FMIC in.What a job,i will never do it again and i wished i had just taken it to you.

Martin-Didnt lee`s second run after the 281 eclipse yours and get a 282?

Matt-Whens the head gasket and injectors going on?hehe

Thanks again for the great day guys

Matt

Mods include,

202 red motor

12 port race head 12-1 compression

Crane Double valve spring teflon seals

Billet valves

Harland Sharp Roller Rockers

Pushrod guide plates with screw in studs ARP

Polished Crank

Starfire rods Polished and shot peened

All ARP bolts for engine internals

Polished Crank

SPECO Billet cam , race grind, blue printed.

Tripple 45 DCOE webers 36 mm chokes"venturis"

CAIN inlet manifold modified @ match ported polished.

Custom Extractors , tuned length , 1 58 primarys made by ex HSV guy

2 12 inch straight thru exhaust with Rocket Power muffler

Full custom sump with windage trays and anti slosh baffles

HP high volume oil pump External oil feed lines to block

Larry Perkins race kit Pistons, Bearings, Gaskets

Fully balanced @ blueprinted thru to diff

Full ventilated motor with catch cans

Standard dizzy with locked weights 32 degrees at 3200rpm

HQ ratiator with Davies Craig thermo fans duel

ROMAC balancer

8.8mm Top Gun leads

Trimatic full race preped

Flexi Plate modified 6 bolt convertor

8 inch custom stall convertor 5000 rpm stall 5600 flash

GT tailshaft + GT unis

Ford 9 inch diff 4.56-1 USA strange gearset, Drag setup

Bathurst fuel tank 77 ltr

Holley Red fuel pump

12 inch inside diameter fuel lines

Auto Meter Ultra Light Pro Comp 2 gauges

Mr Gasket race ratchet shifter

Standard interior except chrome glove box all Mint condition

Lots more mods but to many to list

Best Drag times with old motor and M@H street slicks with wheel spin was 12.726@108mph 121rwkw

RT .402

60` 1.765

330` 5.123

660` 7.989

MPH 84.35

1000` 10.568

14 12.726 @ 108MPH

New motor has 125rwkw

As u can see Joel 60` is quicker than most street cars.

To see it in action heres a AVI 2.3 meg http://us.f1.yahoofs.com/users/91e9...cOmwj9AQYYrRd1B

Joel and yes it comes on strong, REAL strong. Most cars out the drags including 350 chevs cant knock me off till 80 ft mark even with wheel spin and Drag tyres on my car. Turbo cars cant even match it off the mark unless ladder bar rear end slicks etc. If i remember rightly no offence to Munro but atm even his r33 drag car with wheel spin is only running similar 60 ft times and that car runs 10.6 145mph if that gives u an idea. Im sure his car when hooked up propperly witch i dont thinks gonna be easy will be faster maybe around 1.4 1.5 60 ft

hehe Brad, my S15 comes in at a respectable 133.87rwkw/ton, as it is 1,240kg dry.

Compare a 1,440kg dry R33 GTS25T and they would need (in theory) 192.77rwkw to have similar performance :)

However .... Diggity got a respectable 153rwkw yesterday, and I beat him (in a race) when I first got my S15 and I had 124rwkw .... ie. his rwkw/t was 106.25 and mine was 100 flat - so in theory he shoulda beaten me but didn't. Spose it goes to show how refined the GTR helical LSD and 6 speed gearbox I've got are :D

Thanks again for the great day Mark and Co. @ Tilbrooks

Originally posted by -Joel-

Yer.. That really sucked GFXMAN.. Where did they come from....

I think they were sitting in the Bottle O'....  

Bastards.. The screech of his wheels was quite loud but...

First it was me burning my clutch/ with lots of wheel spin/axle tramp causing first to pop out as my hand was resting on the shifter (looked down to see rev limiter on 7500rpm) then the second time he spun up and got done :D

How did he go in second?? i couldn't really see..

Yeah for the life of us we can't figure out where he was.

The bastard ghosted us... he rocked up with no headlights on ... bloody double standards. :D

As for the drag, you certainly took off... we couln't match your speed :) mind you his take off was pretty bad. We actually thought it was your car making the wheel screetch... but hard to tell :(

Bad place to do it.

Now we know why the BMW 850 didn't go - he must have seen the bacon. The cop said he saw us do the first one from KFC so he did a u-turn and followed... still can't figure out where he was sitting though :)

Ah well, $95 later and a bit of lost pride, it was bound to happen sooner or later.

Apparently the council is also gonna slug him for a fine too - "to clean the mark off the road" (?!?!) - what a load of &*#@*!

GFXman