SAU Community

Partsouq - trustworthy alternative parts supplier?

Well, you guys were right. It is a part substitution. Works just fine.

Unfortunately, I'm still getting a current state error on the pop up hood, so I need to figure out which sensor works with that and is the dud.

Scratch that. No idea what the guys in the UK were smoking about their R35. Seems that in my situation, there is a pop-up hood module, similar to the SRS airbag module, which stores permanent crash data.

That means I need to find where the module is located, which is a bit difficult to identify from the Japanese parts catalogue. Unlike the SRS module, which is on the drivetrain tunnel under the armrest, the pop-up module is located somewhere near the back seat, on either side of it. I'm dreading having to dismantle half the vehicle to find the damn thing.

Once out, I'll reset the EEPROM living in it and that'll be that. If I can't be bothered taking the car apart for that thing, I'll just live with the warning lamp. It's a retarded how difficult they've made it to be cleared after repairs.

Edited by The Max

Yeah, more money wasted to the tune of around US$700 or so.

Worst part is not being able to find them in the usual places. Good thing is, I've found out what EEPROM they use and my programmer can definitely deal with it.

It's going to be a busy weekend.