SAU Community

RB25DETNEO Valves Required ASAP - Help!

Hey experts,

In desperate need of someone who 'knows a guy' or can put me onto a reputable establishment that can procure a full set of 24 valves for a RB25DETNEO, which are proving to be the hardest part to acquire in the country.

Long story short, my GTT slipped the timing belt due to a coolant leak from the head way back in April and bent all 24 valves. It's been with my mechanic, Head Street Auto in Traralgon ever since then. The head re-build was outsourced to Hoppers Heads in Victoria and the outsourcing of the valves required is being barely managed by Hi-Octane in Sydney.

This mob in Sydney keep dicking around my mechanic here in Traralgon regarding valve availability and ETA's - I was last told after I called this mob direct that the valves were being shipped from Japan and would land Monday 2 weeks ago - today I've been told they've only received x amount of one size and y amount of the other (correct me if I'm wrong but there's 12 valves of one size and 12 of another for the NEO? Not all 24 are the same).

What I'm hoping from this post is someone knows a good business or even just a guy who can just say yep, what do you need, 24 valves, order placed they'll be here in 2 weeks - done.

I've been without this car going on 3 months now whilst my mechanic, the head shop and the parts supplier all go around in circles trying to source valves for a RB25DETNEO.

My mechanic is weary about sourcing the parts privately from a private sale in case they go through all the rigmarole only to find they aren't serviceable or are dodgy or something.

Any assistance would be appreciated, dont even remember what my 34 looks like anymore!

3 minutes ago, GTSBoy said:

Intake valves are larger than exhaust valves.

At this point.....surely it would be wise to look at aftermarket suppliers, rather than trying to get stockers.  Look at Ferrea and all the other good valve suppliers.

I saw these pop up as I was at my mechanic today literally helping scope other options (this is what I’m paying this fu$&& for mind you..)

Do you think you could provide me with a link or two for anyone outside of Ferrea please mate.

21 hours ago, GTSBoy said:

Supertech are the only other one I can think of as I'm running out the office door.

Hey gents, I tracked down a Ferrea set for the NEO on eBay (https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com.au%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F142480427789)

After forwarding onto my guy, I got the following response (attached)

The supplier confirmed they are a direct standard replacement, so from your point of view, who doesn’t know their stuff, my mechanic or this supplier?

At this point we are likely going to go with a private sale option 

A59819E9-A369-48A3-BDD6-AB6C38EAE3CA.png

I'd be calling Ferrea tonight and asking them direct if there is a known problem with their stock replacements not fitting.  Maybe they can only be fitted with Ferrea supplied retainers etc.  Maybe the guy at the head shop has been enjoying too much herbal relaxation.

You could try calling Lewis Engines in Adelaide.  They have lots of experience with Ferrea valves in RBs..

• 2 weeks later...

Just a update, we can put a nail in the coffin on this one thank god, second hand head saved the day (in fact was via SAU so god bless this place).

I feel for anyone silly enough to take it to your run of the mill mechanic like I did. If you have this issue, do it yourself or seek PROFESSIONAL help

• 3 months later...