SAU Community

What's this little box??

Tailz94

So I found a blown tube fuse under the dash , hooked the wires together and heard sizzling so I disconnected it before finding out what it does, do I just pull the wiring and leave this box out or what ? I don't know what it does and these wires lead to under the centre console and behind the fuse box which mean hell of a mission to pull out all the wiring , I pulled back blue tape in first photo and found these switches, any ideas?? Car is not turboIMG_20181215_170832.jpegIMG_20181215_170315.jpeg

Is it clipped onto the under dash trim?  If it were an R32, I would say it was the beeper.
hey mate , nah she was screwed in , checked my black one and it didn't have it so I've pulled it out, was hooked up to horn, and aerial control switch , and also tapped into a couple of fuses behind the fuse box, have removed it and seem to not have any issues so far

Those switches are usually linked to some sort of transponder, the switch arrangement being the code set on both the receiver and sender, could it be part of an immobilizer system? which admittedly it doesn't seem secure enough for... my reference is seeing these on RC toys and their remotes.