SAU Community

V36 370gt exhaust system/ cats

Hey guys,

I have 2008 v36 370gt. Everytime the car is turned on and is idling I hear a rattling sound. Took it a mechanic and was told the cats are nearly done - got a quote from Nissan for $2000 per cat lol. For a second opinion took it to Autobahn here in Perth, and I was advised that they can "regenerate" cats and it would stop rattling. I've booked the appointment for Regen early next year. I personally think I'll have no luck with the regen so now I am starting to look for a plan b. Would it advisable to change the whole exhaust system and this would take care of the rattling sound? If yes, what would be a nice exhaust system that is not too obnoxious (as I use my car as my everyday) but can roar on higher revs when needed [emoji23]

Also, folks from Western Australia, any recommendations for a good shop I could go to?

Thanks in advance.

Hey man,

Similar issue about 6 months ago on my 370gt coupe. Rattling etc
Nissan quotes $1193.45 For one.. Lol

I went HFC ($600 installed) But have since just swapped to 370z cats ($200 plus $100 to install)
Keep an eye out for 370z cats or just go hfc :)

• Like 1

Super Cat Converters in wangara sell them they are a wholesaler who supply to exhaust shops.

Much appreciate the valuable advice. Will look into HFCs and give the Super Cat converters in Wangara a shout and see what they say. I've checked their website and they do installations as well. This is my first Japanese import vehicle so not too sure where to source quality mechanics and part suppliers. Any suggestions for good mechanics/mod shops and tuners in the greater Perth region?

Hey man,

Similar issue about 6 months ago on my 370gt coupe. Rattling etc
Nissan quotes $1193.45 For one.. Lol

I went HFC ($600 installed) But have since just swapped to 370z cats ($200 plus $100 to install)
Keep an eye out for 370z cats or just go hfc [emoji4]
Thanks mate, I will definitely go for HFC. Are you in the eastern States? Prices in WA are a bit more than the eastern States. The local Nissan dealership in Perth quoted $2k per cat lol

What the actual f**k is a cat regen ?
So the dude at my local Autobahn told me that he's gonna somehow regenerate the elements in the cat converter which I found surprising coz if the compounds run out, the simple answer would be to replace them and he was adamant to "Regen" first prior to replacing them.

On 12/19/2018 at 8:42 PM, acesofspades31 said:
On 12/19/2018 at 8:22 AM, colin.ssc said:
HFC all the way. Have a look at Fast Intensions or Stillen. I have a pair of second hand Stillen ones if you are interested.

Thanks mate, you in Perth?

Yea I am, down at Success