SAU Community

Trying to identify my block

Hello, 

I have recently purchased a 91 gts-t, I was told that it had a rb25 block and a rb20 head. The block has a cast number of 08U. If someone could help me identify this block and maybe tell me where to look for identifying numbers for the head I would be in your debt.

Thanks.

Edited by Vicariousness

10 minutes ago, Rusty Nuts said:

R33 and R34 vct blocks are 75T .   I read somewhere, can't remember where, so don't lay money on it, that R32 RB25n/a blocks had 08U marking.

So it might be a rb25de? Well it has a big turbo and allot of other upgrades, I read that wasn't good for that engine.

2 minutes ago, Ben C34 said:

Does it run good? What fuel are you using? Do you not beleive previous owner for some reason?

It runs great, pulls hard and boost great. Hits 1.1 bar. I use 94 in it. I am just trying to verify the engine. Really wanna know for future mods and for knowledge of the car. As I have only the knowledge of what I have been told and that cast number is the only way I know of identifying it. And I haven't found a solid answer anywhere on what engine it is.

Edited by Vicariousness

• 10 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On 12/1/2019 at 8:10 AM, Gabgio Tez said:

Cylinder Head Identification for RB engines

CylinderHeadIDALLRBNigelNewalloSingh.png

what is your source on this information? do the RPO codes also translate to the blocks for those models. if not does the source provide a similar graph for the block identification 

1 hour ago, Rusty Nuts said:

The source is this very forum. Iruvyouskyrine put up the information January 

Good good, I shall keep digging and reshape the information back to this thread so as others who come across it wont need to do the digging ( that is if someone doesn't beat me to it )