SAU Community

R32 gtr won't boost past 9psi

• 2 weeks later...

Try another manual boost controler
Off a car that you know boosts fine just to test.

The only thing a broken or blocked T will do is over boost past the presently set limit.

It musnt be bleeding or restricting the flow as the waste gates see what they need to open and should see less to raise boost.

• Like 1

Try another manual boost controler
Off a car that you know boosts fine just to test.

The only thing a broken or blocked T will do is over boost past the presently set limit.

It musnt be bleeding or restricting the flow as the waste gates see what they need to open and should see less to raise boost.
Your right about this it happened to my evo9 a few years back, ball got fused to the spring somehow and it made infinite boost scared the crap outta me, probably hit 40 psi on a WOT pull before I noticed. And yes i have set it up backwards and it just makes infinite boost like the wastegates are staying closed. I'm really confused about why this is happening. Not a huge deal and honestly it's probably a good thing until I can afford to rebuild my oem stockies to r34 spec with the steel impellers or some other reasonable turbos, I'd rather them underboost then overboost. I was only planning on running 10 to 11psi anyhow because of how easily I blew up my stock turbos after hitting 18psi on highway wot. Very strange though and kinda annoying me a bit but maybe it's the turbo gods trying to save me from blowing up my motor lol. The car is not in mint condition and I'm sure it had a rough 85k miles before I got my hands around the steering wheel. I think I'm going to tear down the whole vacuum line setup and set it up again. I've always had more luck the 2nd and 3rd time around with fixing things. I just changed the oil and put in mobile1 10w30 but have been reading that alot of people run a much thicker oil. Do you guys run 10w40/50/60 in your cars? I've seen weights all over the place. But 10w30 seems like a bad decision. Lmk thanks for all the support fellas!!!!
  • Like 1

Yep stockies wont last over 12psi very long. But 12psi is better than 9psi.
Good luck.

The oil numbers are the opperating temperature of the oil and are relative to its thickness.
The higher the first number the thicker it usualy is. Which isn't what you want with turbos.
The higher the second number the more temps the oil can handle opperating at.

I use 10 w 40 semi syn.

• Like 1

Yep stockies wont last over 12psi very long. But 12psi is better than 9psi.
Good luck.

The oil numbers are the opperating temperature of the oil and are relative to its thickness.
The higher the first number the thicker it usualy is. Which isn't what you want with turbos.
The higher the second number the more temps the oil can handle opperating at.

I use 10 w 40 semi syn.

I did it. I'm not sure what exactly I did but I ran a larger guage vacuum line connector to my pressure source and took the MBC apart, cleaned it with solvent and bam. I also mounted it in a more direct location. I'm happy to report that my car is happily making 12 psi all the way to redline with the slightest spike to 13 when really nailing it. I might turn it down slightly but man does 4 psi make a difference! I'm f**king pumped lol. The first thing I tried was removing the ball and spring from the MBC but that was just making infinite boost but after the above procedure the turbo gods are smiling down on me. Thanks for the advice. Now to start saving for an ecu and big boy turbskis.20190316_185045.jpeg
  • Like 1