SAU Community

Security Systems 2019

Hey y'all!

I tried searching up the best security systems for my GTR R32 and had been given quotes on Mongoose and Viper.

There had been mixed reviews but i realised there are sorta outdated forum responses. 

I am seeking advice as to which security alarm system is better and perhaps, dropping down anyone best for the job to install.

Thank you!

Alarms don't do much other than maybe something psychological.

Install a GPS tracker in the dash and a transponder immobilizer to deter easy theft. Something like the Autowatch 573PPi will work well enough. GPS trackers are tougher to figure out as they are often region dependent. Trackmate makes one that hides well in the dash but they have an extra monthly surcharge for Australia so that affects the pricing.

• Like 3

If you're considering security, think about physical items for you home/shed too.

Think bollards, gates, cameras. Also chaining your car down as well as making it difficult to get out of the driveway.

As a minimum, your car needs a good immobiliser/alarm and a kill switch. GPS tracking is also a good idea.

• Like 1

Thank you all. I have considered your advice and also from a car workshop. 

I have gone with Autowatch + GPS tracking. And i have also installed a dashcam.

@l0ckym - As i staying in an apartment unit with a shared garage, I am unable to enjoy the same kind of physical items. BUT, i have gotten myself a steering lock.

Thankssss guys!

• Like 1