SAU Community

Fuel system advice needed

Hey guys,

I'm slowly piecing together my build and I'm in need of some advice on fuel lines for my build and hope some of you could chime in.

Parts I already have:
- Dual Walbro 460's (intank)
- Twin entry, center return fuel rail with AN6 fittings
- Fuel Lab fuel pressure regulator with AN6 fittings
- ID1000 injectors
- Fuel used will be 98 pump gas

I am looking at buying a billet fuel hat and have a few options for the feed and return fittings, either: single AN6/AN8/AN10 feed, dual AN6/AN8 feed and single AN6/AN8 return.

So my questions:
- As my FPR and fuel rail are fitted with AN6 fittings will it be okay to run dual AN6 lines from the fuel hat to the rail and a single AN6 return? Will this be enough to support @800hp without too much pressure drop?
- Would it be better to run a single AN8 or AN10 feed line to the front and have a Y split to dual AN6 lines to the rail and AN6 return?
- How do you guys rate the Raceworks hoses and fittings? Any good?

*The car will be used as a street/drag car, forged RB25DET, it will run a 6466, nitrous (wet), manual and whatever boost is needed to run at least 10's

I'm going through this process at the mo, plan is to use the hicas lines for feed and return, fpg adapters for hicas to -8, split to -6 to dual feed hks rail, turbosmart fpr1200 reg, id1750 injectors and fpg intank kit with twin walbros, Teflon fuel lines

• Like 1

10 hours ago, sneakey pete said:

ID1000's will not outflow a single -6 line, though i presume with Nitros you'll be upgrading injectors?

-6 can feed my 1300cc's with no issues.

Thanks, for now I will be using the ID1000's as I already have them but if I eventually run out of injector I can easily upgrade them, the fuel lines I'd like to do once.
I don't see myself needing bigger injectors than 1300's in the future so good to know -6 at the rail will be fine.

The nitrous kit is a wet system so the extra fuel will come through the solenoid so upgrading injectors will not be needed because of nitrous.

8 hours ago, burn4005 said:

man im running 500awkw of e85 through stock 5/16" line so anything better than that will be fine.

Thanks, good to know!

• Like 1