SAU Community

ECU problems on my r34 rb25

Both ECUS were running and the car was operational, all wiring has been checked and found to be in perfect order, this is what I've been told and have no reason to dought it.But in the back of my mind I wonder,so we will find out when the third one goes in soon. I was surprised that adaptronic was going to swap it with one of the haltech units but very disappointed they wernt going to chip in with the dyno needed to tune that ECU, after spending a hell of a lot of money I need to ease up a bit and get some driving time in and enjoy what is a awesome car, after all I wanted a new ECU for greater protection for my motor and peace of mind.

when a problem arises its not as simple as some think, they have to find whats going on, which means time and money spent. the second unit put in still has to be put on the dyno and run to make sure everything is running properly, there's more time and money, that's my point. That would have to be one of the worst analogy's I've ever herd.If indeed the units were faulty I should be reimbursed for the time and money having to find the issues but I know that's not the way it works but I thought it was worth a try.You carn't just send the ECU back to them for a exchange without logs and the issues at hand. this is time consuming and someone will end up out of pocket.

Yeah I remember calling them last year as I'd heard good things about them. I thought they were the most arrogant, up themselves lot ever. I mentioned swapping from FC d Jetro to Haltech Elite and they basically scoffed at me for even suggesting it.

• Like 1

I here you, its a shame at the end of the day your one tiny little peace of the puzzle they couldn't give a rats about, but they have made a big mistake this time treating a reputable business the way they have, its only going to hurt them in the long run.Word of mouth is a powerful thing.

28 minutes ago, BK said:

Yeah I remember calling them last year as I'd heard good things about them. I thought they were the most arrogant, up themselves lot ever. I mentioned swapping from FC d Jetro to Haltech Elite and they basically scoffed at me for even suggesting it.

Put it this way, you don't see many fast cars (Drag/Coota/Roll Racing/Circuit/WTAC) using a PowerFC, but if a shop insists on using a PowerFC then yeah.

Yes it might make the power, but there's no engine protection, no spare I/Os, no closed loop strategies, no anything really.

spot on Johnny, when we spend outrages amount's off money on built engines we need as many protections as possible,as you have just stated these are what all new ECUS provide today and is what people want nomatter what ECU brand they buy.