SAU Community

NEED HELP with mods for s15 *newbie*

Qb15

Hey guys I’ve got a ADM S15 SR20DET all I’ve done is added a pod filter and completely removed the BOV and blocked it 

Planning to add these mods 

Free flow air filter 
Free flow exhaust 
Upgraded fuel pump 
Boost controller
Front mount intercooler 
Colder spark plugs 
Custom ecu remap 

Z32 AFM? 

Just wondering do I have to upgrade injector,fuel rail and turbo? Or can my stock turbo, injectors and fuel rail handle it Aiming to get 200rwkw I don’t mind if it’s a bit less than that and not needing to upgrade the turbo, injectors and fuel rail 

and can i still run with without a BOV

sorry for the noob questions any help will be appreciated thank you 

I don't know what the limit of the S15 turbo is, but it will likely be in the 200rwkW region, so max it out and be happy. I think the max boost territory is 18 psi. You should really google a bit to find out.

You will not need to upgrade the fuel rail, ever.

I have no idea what the limits of the injectors are. What are they? 440cc? 480cc? Either of those should easily be enough to support 200 rwkW, but you will almost certainly need that fuel pump upgrade.

You can't just "custom ecu remap" your ECU. Well, you kind of can, but it's a bit 1990s. Nobody f**ks about with that stuff much any more. You should get a Nistune daughterboard installed in the ECU. That is real-time tuneable.

Don't f**k about with colder spark plugs unless the engine shows that they are needed.

Air filter is a waste of time.

I have no idea of the limit of the SR20 AFM. It is maybe possibly less than 200rwkW. If so, then you would want to upgrade to a bigger one. But no-one in their right mind would put a Z32 AFM onto a car these days, since the availability of the R35 and similar card type AFMs. Nistune can handle them.

I would never run without a proper recirculating BOV, especially on an AFM car.

Depending on the dyno, the stock turbo, injectors, afm will make it to 180-200rwkw at around 16-18psi boost. The fuel pump definitely needs to be upgraded. A Walbro 255 is perfect for your goals, just make sure it's genuine (there's lots of fakes going around). You will also need a good bell mouth dump pipe (turbo elbow) and 3 inch exhaust. Off the shelf will be fine for your goals. A decent sized intercooler is also needed. Nistune is my recommendation for the ecu. 

With e85 you can get to around 220rwkw on the stock turbo but will need even bigger pump, injectors and possibly afm. 

200rwkw in an s15 is quite a nice happy medium.

The above info is right. A pod filter is an upgraded air filter for the engine, so you kind of already have that.

The stock turbo is metal wheeled in a S15 so it can handle higher boost pressure and as above, 190-220kw is doable depending on how hard it is pushed and what fuel you use (E85 vs 98 etc).

Get a good solid exhaust, good solid intercooler, I too don't know if injectors and pump are up to the task of maxing out the standard turbo, but a modest goal like yours should result in actual happiness and a fun vehicle that isn't constantly broken.

Try to resist the urge to go mental and impress people on the internet with a car that sounds great on paper but can't be used for anything cause constantly broken, which is a very real thing that people with big power cars kinda don't disclose very freely.

• Like 1