SAU Community

R34 Front subframe assembly into R33 GTST

Hi guys, I just came across a complete front subframe assembly for an r34, the title of the ad just says r34 so I’m presuming it’s a coupe. I have an R33 at home and was wondering if the r34 front subframe assembly will bolt straight into the r33. Im looking to do this with relatively little modification of its needed, also does anyone know if it will throw off the geometry of the car or if it’s okay to be doing this. Thank you very much if you’s can help guys :).

Edited by AshtonR33
Forgot a detail

They are very similar, but I don't think this has been done before/information is readily available.

I know there are *SOME* differences in arms between a 33 and a 34 in the front. Ostensibly they are different for 'some reason' but I don't know if the front subframe is the reason for it. I have bent knuckles and front arms before and found out that the 34 ones have curves in them where the 33 ones are straight. But you also have things like 33 coils fitting in 34's and vice versa (at the front only) and sway bars (I think)

34 coupe and sedan are the same at the front, but as the front subframes generally dont get uh, broken? It's not something that generally gets swapped between cars..

20 hours ago, Kinkstaah said:

They are very similar, but I don't think this has been done before/information is readily available.

I know there are *SOME* differences in arms between a 33 and a 34 in the front. Ostensibly they are different for 'some reason' but I don't know if the front subframe is the reason for it. I have bent knuckles and front arms before and found out that the 34 ones have curves in them where the 33 ones are straight. But you also have things like 33 coils fitting in 34's and vice versa (at the front only) and sway bars (I think)

34 coupe and sedan are the same at the front, but as the front subframes generally dont get uh, broken? It's not something that generally gets swapped between cars..

Oh okay, thank you for the information. It’s just because I’m looking to get my r33 on some wheels and came across an r34 front subframe complete, for a reasonable price and was just seeing if they were compatible with the R33 haha.

thank you though :)

• 8 months later...

I've been looking for subframe info aswell. The r34 takes s14/15 and r33 gtst with no mods. I've been told the 350z fits aswell and that it's a good upgrade, but haven't found that information online. Feel free to chip in.