SAU Community

Replacements for Custom Cabin Filter Mod? WGNC34 S1

BCs300z

I am in the process of refreshing everything under the dash - heater core, ducting, blower motor, etc. And I made a discovery.

It appears someone has modded the existing Air Con box to fit two filter elements. Only problem is, they are nothing like the ones Nissan actually used later on in the Stagea. I have also verified that the air con box is period correct for the car.

I have been scouring the internet (and this site) trying to find information on their replacement, but NOTHING. There are no distinguishing markings on the filters. 

The bottom one was secured with a screw in the bottom, and there was a metal clip holding the two together. The bottom one is removed first, then the top slides downwards and out.

The elements were DISGUSTING! I tried to clean them, and they fell apart. Still... nothing is probably safer than the festy things that were there.

Any info is greatly appreciated... I don't even know where to begin. But I would like to replace them.

IMG-0547.JPG

IMG-0546.JPG

IMG-0545.JPG

IMG-0544.JPG

IMG-0543.JPG

IMG-0542.JPG

IMG-0541.JPG

yeah, so if you throw in the factory-spec filters you should be good to go? Besides the damage to the box...

Unless the box isn't designed for a filter... I guess you can measure and see what fits, then smash it in there like the previous person haha

On 10/13/2020 at 8:59 AM, GTSBoy said:

I'm not sure he meant "custom" as in Nissan did it. I think he means "custom" as in "bodged into the heater housing by a butcher". Custom as in "jammed filters meant for something else into a hole hacked into the car". Etc.

This is exactly what I mean! Thanks. The box was cut. And looking at all the pics I can find on the S2 filters, these are not the same. The outside of the filter is the shape of the edge of the A/C box. It's weird

Thanks for replies, but these are NOTHING like the S2 (or equivalent) filters. I wish it was that easy. These are probably some one-off thing that a previous owner did.

Below are the S2 (and/or equivalent) and the one's I pulled out of my car.

CF3289_Primary__ra_p.jpg

IMG-0542.JPG