SAU Community

What is leaking?

MistaMagoo

What's up guys? So, I've got this leak and I can't determine what it is connected to. Have the car up on jacks to replace my clutch slave and other bits, walked out one morning to find this puddle on the floor coming from some fat rubber lines between the tank and HICAS on the driver side. Any help in determining what is going on would be greatly appreciated. I'm not sure if this is a common issue or not as I can't figure exactly what's leaking to give it a proper search, thank you.

Duncan, I think you are correct. I popped the trunk/boot and took off the lid to the reservoir. The color and consistency seems to match whats all over my garage floor. Thank you. The fluid level seems a bit high though no? Or does it change when the car is turned on or underload? I apologize for my ignorance on this issue, I've never had a good look at the reservoir for all the time I've owned the car (bout 2 years now).

20201122_182148.jpg

Yeah that level is way high. But that is a moot point since it looks like you need to replace those lines which means you will have to refill it anyway.

Hard to be sure form the angle but I believe the leaks are from the 2 lines that go to/from the reservoir, you can see the other end of them in the boot pic.  It is pretty tricky to get to them but I'd see if they are available from amayama or similar in factory parts and replace them. If not just measure the hard piping diameter and use some regular straight hose which should fit OK (there are no tight turns in those hoses). Nothing special, they don't carry pressure.

Thank you Duncan, I'll take a look this weekend and see what I can make of it. Thank you for your help and pointing me in the right direction. Not sure if this is a known issue or not but I'll keep the topic posted with my findings and fix incase anyone else should run into the same issue.

Pain in the ASS! Finally got the lines off. Upon inspection I was able to find a crack near one of the clamps on the hose. Over time the clamp managed rub its way thru creating a weak point. Went to the local auto store to source some hoses for replacement. No luck! Was able to find some tubing but it's obviously not formed, just straight. One of the bends on the larger lines causes a kink in the hose. No matter how I twist or bend it, No Bueno! The kink still rears its ugly head. Having a hell of a time trying to find replacement lines. Thought about going to the plumbing/hydraulic line shop and looking at brass or stainless barbed bends to remove the kinks. Really don't want to introduce any weak links or have it all micky mouse like. All I can seem to source is one line that is "U" shaped and connects directly to the reservoir going to a hard line in the boot/trunk, unfortunately not what I am needing. Does anyone know where I can get a set of new lines? I seem to be coming up short on my searches. Thanks guys, appreciate all your help with this.

Edited by MistaMagoo

I told you all new ATTESA, brake, HICAS and vacuum lines are now discontinued through Nissan and now have to be purchased through the Nismo heritage program. These parts are readily available through RHDjapan and Nengun.

Basically what you need to do is jump on Nissan fast and get the original Nissan part numbers for them. Then you cross reference that with the new Nismo number through the above shops or Google it.

Generally the first 5 digits of the 10 digit part number will be the same, then they change the last 5 from the original number to an RHR number which is the new Nismo coding.

@MistaMagoo Which are:

The two top hoses from ATTESA reservoir are 41728-05U10 (Nismo 41728-RHR21) and 41738-05U10 which has no Nismo number because funnily enough it is not discontinued and still available from Nissan - very weird.

The two bottom hoses that are in your pictures above you particularly need are 41728-05U00 (Nismo 41728-RHR20) and 41738-05U00 (Nismo 41738-RHR20).

Got it ?

• 2 weeks later...
On 01/12/2020 at 2:26 PM, BK said:

@MistaMagoo Which are:

The two top hoses from ATTESA reservoir are 41728-05U10 (Nismo 41728-RHR21) and 41738-05U10 which has no Nismo number because funnily enough it is not discontinued and still available from Nissan - very weird.

The two bottom hoses that are in your pictures above you particularly need are 41728-05U00 (Nismo 41728-RHR20) and 41738-05U00 (Nismo 41738-RHR20).

Got it ?

Can i just say, good timing on post this up...I need to replace those 2 top hoses and the cross check info was very timely

:thumpsub: