SAU Community

rb25det with 26 internals first start mapping

I am currently building my S2 25det from my R33 with a 26 crank, nitto I beams, and 26 CP pistons. 

I have a G4x PNP which I intend on using with a brand new loom from wiring specialties with r35 coils. However when it comes time to do first start since pulled the car down from bone stock I want to drop the built engine in the car as stock for first start because I know those parts WORK and I do not have to diagnose anything with new ecu, loom, turbo, intake etc.... 

I have no issue running the G4x on first start, but I do not know which base map to use be it the 25 or the 26 map, so my second option (And somewhat preferred) is the stock ecu, but I am concerned because the stroke is longer technically the ignition would be slightly retarted and I do not want to risk knock or detonation; Obviously I do not intend to beat on it, but I want to put light driving load accel and decel on the car to set the rings. After first start and drive, I will tear it down and run my turbo, intake mani, G4X and take it to my tuner to get the tune.  

Am I safe to run stock ecu for first run and drive?

Also can someone please validate that for a 25 with 26 internals I need to run 26 Main bearings.... I have found two threads that talk about it with no SOLID answer.